You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: Billboard confirm Coachella and possible US tour

I live in France now and they are saying on the radio that the reunion is happening...they are just reporting what they read on the internet I think

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, seeing articles in the mainstream papers here in Norway too. Once a couple of "credible" outlets start reporting it the rest follow suit.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

The guys in his mid 50's to be fair, Slash don't look so cool without the tophat these days either.

I think he actually looks healthier than he did a few years ago.

It's his body and his choice, but to put it into perspective,

mick_jagger.jpg
Mick's two decades older.

revolvergoldengodsawards20140423tn052.jpg
Duff's in the same age group. Hell, he's on the same stage!

Age is a sorry excuse for Axl. It's laziness and the proverbial appetite that have gotten him to this.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Who are you calling lazy? The guy who released a full album in the last 25 years? 16

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really fascinated as to what the ticket sales are going to be like. Is there any comparisons of major rock acts playing the same number stadiums in the US in the modern era that we can compare this to? Did they sell out every stadium?

What are the expectations here for sales?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Who are you calling lazy? The guy who released a full album in the last 25 years? 16

Can't help but laugh. Probably because the future looks bright for once.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really fascinated as to what the ticket sales are going to be like. Is there any comparisons of major rock acts playing the same number stadiums in the US in the modern era that we can compare this to? Did they sell out every stadium?

What are the expectations here for sales?

I think it's a bit ambitious. I still hear plenty of people complain about Axl and saying they wouldn't pay anything to see him, never mind 2 bills. Others say they'd only see it if it's a true reunion. People are still wary of the late start times, the possibilities of canceled shows. So I'm not sure this will sell as great as some think. Then again, it's a pretty big deal. People love reunions and this is one of the biggest in recent history, dare I say "ever". So maybe those complainers are in the minority and this thing will be a smashing success. Maybe they won't sell out a majority of the shows, but I think they'll make more than enough money for it to be considered a success. At least I hope. A full scale promotion blitz would certainly help and it appears we may actually get that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Pollux, 15 original songs in 24 years actually. axl 14

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

It's funny really...the ones that are already talking shit about Axl and whoever will be the first ones licking Axl's ass as soon as anything is official... 16

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

It's the biggest reunion since The Eagles I'd say. Only Beatles, Floyd and Zeppelin could top it. More or less the perfect time to do it market wise too. The last 10 years all the big bands have been on and off the road. It's no big deal anymore to have Metallica etc. coming around. GN'R is close to the only new game in town in the big leagues of bands. With popular music being what it is these days it would be a natural tent pole for people of all ages who don't feel at home in the lady Gaga landscape. AND of course for all the hipsters in that group as well.

Board footer