You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Billboard confirm Coachella and possible US tour

sp1at wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum … -las-vegas

Guns N’ Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources. The band is also tapped to be one of the first acts to play the new Las Vegas Arena, which is set to open April 6 with The Killers and Wayne Newton. Additionally, the reunited band is negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016. The band is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

The last show Axl Rose and Slash played together was on July 17, 1993 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires. The band's last tour, which only included Axl Rose from the original lineup, took place primarily in South America and The Joint in Las Vegas, grossing $15.2 million.

The band's first album, Appetite for Destruction, is the biggest-selling debut in U.S. history, with 18 million sold. It spent five weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, and launched the No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 single "Sweet Child O' Mine." They have sold 44.5 million albums total in the U.S., according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Slash Opens Door to Guns N' Roses Reunion

Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Duff McKagan on Substance Abuse, Fatherhood and the Possibility of a Guns N' Roses Reunion

Billboard's confirmation comes on the heels of two rumor-inducing hints dropped over the past week, the first a cryptic update to the Guns N' Roses website and the second during, of all things, screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, where footage of a concert crowd was shown with GN'R music overdubbed. Though longtime fans may be understandably wary after the decade-plus wait for Chinese Democracy, which became a totem of sorts to frontman Axl Rose's sometimes unpredictable behavior, the reunion appears to be fully in gear.

Tommy Stinson on Guns N' Roses' Future: 'I Really Have No Idea What's Going On'

Coachella has a pedigree for coaxing much-loved acts out of retirement, or being the linchpin to plans that had already been simmering. The fest has previously hosted the reunions of Rage Against The Machine in 2007, My Bloody Valentine in 2009, Pulp in 2012 and Outkast in 2014 -- not to mention Tupac's posthumous return to the stage in 2012. Guns N' Roses will arrive a year after two other legendary acts, AC/DC and Steely Dan, headlined the 2015 edition.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016. The band is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

I recall in 2010, Guns' asking price was $1 million per show. This time around, Axl should make roughly the same amount of money for himself after the overhead. Slash would carry an additional pricetag, as would any other senior member.

sp1at wrote:

Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Billboard is as reliable as it gets, I reckon. But even they lack confirmation as it is.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think next week was supposed to be an official announcement. We'll see if this pushes it up.

Gnr nightrain is holding a special drawing right now for a big surprise, and they are no longer accepting new members. I was going to join a few weeks back, too sad

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It's Billboard, they would only say if they were sure. You want that final confirmation from the band or Paul Tollett, but alot of people at AEG will know.

misterID

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It's Billboard, they would only say if they were sure. You want that final confirmation from the band or Paul Tollett, but alot of people at AEG will know.

I really want the official line up and album status. Supposedly the 5th is the day we get something official ~ per MSL.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Who's coming to see them at Soldier Field in Chicago?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Coachella is typically streamed, so that's how I'm watching it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

$250 to $275 for top tickets. OUCH. So basic nosebleed tickets will be, what, $100?Outta my price range. I knew that would happen. That's why I want a new album with a reunion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think next week was supposed to be an official announcement. We'll see if this pushes it up.

Gnr nightrain is holding a special drawing right now for a big surprise, and they are no longer accepting new members. I was going to join a few weeks back, too sad

I joined on the 27th...just in time.  Signed up for the contest.  We'll see what happens.

There's a good chance I will be at the Chicago show wherever it ends up being.  Since I was so close last time, I'm content with seats wherever.

Board footer