You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Because... Exciting Times!!!

tejastech08 wrote:

As Mr. Burns would say..."Excellent."

I hope Izzy is involved and Adler too. Steve would kill himself if they leave him out of this deal. Izzy is too damn important to call it GN'R without him. Posted in Coachella thread but also relevant for this one:

One thing that's interesting about this. Anyone notice the huge nostalgia push lately? Jurassic World doubled everyone's expectations with a $650m domestic gross. Star Wars is blowing away even the highest expectations people had for it and will likely end up with $1 billion domestic. That's two massive brands from the 80's and early 90's that came back with a huge vengeance this year. Maybe GN'R could make it a trio of massive brands to make a huge comeback. Rock and roll is fucking dead...but maybe GN'R can provide a little jolt of lightning at least.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
supaplex wrote:

I don't know how many of you have big gnr fans as friends in real life to share this with but i don't and you guys are the only ones who will understand the real level of excitement that i feel right now.

I've known GNR fans throughout my life but never any hardcore and definitely none that feel the way I do about this. Anytime any of them hear something about GNR they think of me and will give me the news.....as if I haven't heard it. 16

I consider all of you friends even though we don't know each other in real life. Most of us have known each other for 10+ years. Been through a few highs and many lows together. Now we finally get to experience GNR doing things proper. The internet wasn't even around the last time they were a mainstream band on top of the world. It's crazy.

You know, i realize that some of you have been by this band since the beginning and got to witness the implosion first hand.
No Internet, just relying on mainstream media and hearsay.

I was 2 when AFD came out so i just got into the band when they were already gone.

And now, 20+ years later, for you to see them back together, i can't even imagine how that feels.

But, all in all, it's been great to have this community to get us through the hard (really hard 16 ) times. 3

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

One thing that's interesting about this. Anyone notice the huge nostalgia push lately? Jurassic World doubled everyone's expectations with a $650m domestic gross. Star Wars is blowing away even the highest expectations people had for it and will likely end up with $1 billion domestic. That's two massive brands from the 80's and early 90's that came back with a huge vengeance this year. Maybe GN'R could make it a trio of massive brands to make a huge comeback. Rock and roll is fucking dead...but maybe GN'R can provide a little jolt of lightning at least.

Yeah, either the entertainment industry is out of new ideas or the public is looking for quality elsewhere since they can't find it in what's hip right now.

They're remaking movies from the early 90's, i mean, that wasn't so long ago, was it?

Board footer