You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Because... Exciting Times!!!

supaplex wrote:

Just wanted to start this in case anyone else feels the same 9

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

After so many fucking years of silence and darkness and whatever...
We have extraordinary and real things to look forward to!
No more 'Axl dreams' forum topics.
Real fucking' news!
We've waited so long and had so much patience but it's HERE!
Tour, Interviews, New music!? Bring it!

To all fellow gunners who've been through all this for so many years, it's been great to share this story with you 5
I don't know how many of you have big gnr fans as friends in real life to share this with but i don't and you guys are the only ones who will understand the real level of excitement that i feel right now.

Cheers! 3

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's kind of surreal to be honest.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

What got me, was the move from referring to Slash & Duff as 'ex-guns', to 'guns'.  Duff's tribute to Lemmy yesterday was marked as 'Duff McKagen - Guns n Roses bassist'.  Seeing that in print, that's kinda when it really hit me. It is totally surreal after following all the shit in the circus from 2002 till now.

johndivney wrote:

Really looking forward to the shows. I imagine it'll be a totally different atmosphere than usual. More love, less aggro.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

supaplex wrote:

Just wanted to start this in case anyone else feels the same 9

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

After so many fucking years of silence and darkness and whatever...
We have extraordinary and real things to look forward to!
No more 'Axl dreams' forum topics.
Real fucking' news!
We've waited so long and had so much patience but it's HERE!
Tour, Interviews, New music!? Bring it!

To all fellow gunners who've been through all this for so many years, it's been great to share this story with you 5
I don't know how many of you have big gnr fans as friends in real life to share this with but i don't and you guys are the only ones who will understand the real level of excitement that i feel right now.

Cheers! 3

It is surreal but I'm excited to see how the next few months pans out.

I have no friends who give a shit about GNR really so it's good I can come here and share it with you guys.

I first saw the billboard story yesterday on facebook and read some of the 7k comments. About 90% were 'Axls fat and can't sing', 'Axl was a whole hour late when I saw him in 06, fuck that!', 'I'm disappointed in Slash, what a sell out!'.

Not that that's going to ruin my excitement but they've got a lot of fans to win round out in the real world. This is probably the best time to be a GNR fan in 20 years, it's great to have somewhere to come and people are as stoked as I am.

johndivney wrote:

All my closest friends are GnR fans to various degrees..
I obv know people who don't care for GnR, but I keep them at a distance!

It was the HoB show that really brought us together at school & then hearing those new songs & agreeing to give Axl a chance, that actually he may still have it (& the band were actually, weirdly, appealing too).

Everyone's buzzing. & has been since I told them of SG's car wash story.. wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

All my closest friends are GnR fans to various degrees..
I obv know people who don't care for GnR, but I keep them at a distance!

It was the HoB show that really brought us together at school & then hearing those new songs & agreeing to give Axl a chance, that actually he may still have it (& the band were actually, weirdly, appealing too).

Everyone's buzzing. & has been since I told them of SG's car wash story.. wink

Haha, badass!  Remember Jacob stressed "nobody knows and it is going to be huge". That dude was so honest with me!  It was kept on the DL and appears to be very huge!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:

I've known GNR fans throughout my life but never any hardcore and definitely none that feel the way I do about this. Anytime any of them hear something about GNR they think of me and will give me the news.....as if I haven't heard it. 16

I consider all of you friends even though we don't know each other in real life. Most of us have known each other for 10+ years. Been through a few highs and many lows together. Now we finally get to experience GNR doing things proper. The internet wasn't even around the last time they were a mainstream band on top of the world. It's crazy.

johndivney wrote:

I imagine it'll be a totally different atmosphere than usual. More love, less aggro.

Yeah the vibe of the online communities is going to do a 180. With GNR doing a massive tour and the potential of actual releases(whether new or old) there isn't really going to be anything to complain about.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Can someone give me a good summary of what all has happened in recent days? Been completely out of the loop with the holidays.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Can someone give me a good summary of what all has happened in recent days? Been completely out of the loop with the holidays.

GNR remove all CD era shit from official site and replace it with the classic logo

Official accounts on FB Twitter remove CD era members

Teaser trailer hits theaters

Coachella rumors confirmed as well as mention of stadium tour

Axl on Jimmy Kimmel

Board footer