You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

metallex78 wrote:

I gotta say, seeing Chris Pittman, Frank, and Dave Kushner's names attached to these "reunion" rumours have killed the excitement a little for me, especially Chris "masterbating robot noises on keyboards" Pittman and Dave "fart noises on guitar" Kushner. Those guys should be kept well away from this lineup

johndivney wrote:

if they show the same chemistry as in the UYI/Tokyo dvd's we're in for a messy few months of touring..

i think people being disappointed in the lineup are legitimate, & i don't see why you people who are happy about the situation have to be so down on people "bitching".
it's a legit claim that we're being denied a proper reunion. no matter how relieved & excited you are to have slash back. it's fair game for people to criticise this approach, if you don't like the conversation then ignore it but you don't have to go around crapping on fellow fans because they don't share your vision. typical of the community to quickly turn on itself. on any dissenters. oh well.
fwiw: i'm freaking hyped to fuck believe me, but i also acknowledge it's not everything that it could be.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Slash is back in Guns N`Roses and some people are still complaining 16

who would`ve expected that....

i seriously believed this reunion would never happen! 9

oh and by the way: from one of axl`s interviews in the last years, however far fetched slash rejoining was. axl playing with adler again was even more unrealistic. in this situation anything is possible though. if only to keep him alive..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

i don't see why you people who are happy about the situation have to be so down on people "bitching".

For the record I'm not really "down" on people bitching. You're right...some of the complaints are legitimate. They do run a risk of diluting this thing. We're going to have to see how the general public reacts to it.

I think we have a better chance at hearing new songs then we ever did the past 8 years. Pitman on board really increases it.

The two things that hardcore fans weren't expecting.....reunion and new music....one is happening and one might. The lineup might not be everyones fantasy but a year ago Ron was noodling all over GNR classics and now Slash is about to be standing on Axl's piano during the NR outro.....so to me things are definitely looking up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Having Steven part of the reunion would have done more harm than good. He's really a looser cannon than Axl.

But thank god that fuckface Sorum seems to also be out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Having Steven part of the reunion would have done more harm than good. He's really a looser cannon than Axl.

Don't hold back! 14

I know Matt is not popular, but why would he be a problem here? Decent drummer, professional far as I know.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They do run a risk of diluting this thing. We're going to have to see how the general public reacts to it.

One of our national papers posted the news this morning. First reply was "yawn", the other was "not expecting much, but I'll go see it".

I think they are going to need some serious promotion to sell this as the big event it is.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They do run a risk of diluting this thing. We're going to have to see how the general public reacts to it.

One of our national papers posted the news this morning. First reply was "yawn", the other was "not expecting much, but I'll go see it".

I think they are going to need some serious promotion to sell this as the big event it is.

I saw an article last week about the reunion and 90% of the comments were negative. Would only take one kickass performance at Coachella or on a talk show to swing a lot round though I think.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Don't hold back! 14

I know Matt is not popular, but why would he be a problem here? Decent drummer, professional far as I know.

He's way too douchey, like Ashba. Thinks more of himself than he needs to.

Adler > Brain > Frank > Izzy on bongos > Matt. In that order.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Don't hold back! 14

What if it comes out Matt is why Axl didn't do Kimmel?

Board footer