You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Having Steven part of the reunion would have done more harm than good. He's really a looser cannon than Axl.

But thank god that fuckface Sorum seems to also be out.

Don't hold back! 14

I know Matt is not popular, but why would he be a problem here? Decent drummer, professional far as I know.

What if it comes out Matt is why Axl didn't do Kimmel?

It would confirm my suspicion that Americans with Norwegian ancestry are a bit nutty. Michelle Bachmann, Matt Sorum, the Avery family, Paris Hilton..

On the other hand we got Michelle Williams, Piper Perabo, Kristanna Loken and Renee Zellweger, so there's a balance of beauty and mental issues here.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Don't get why anybody would be upset Pittman is involved. He hangs inthe back and isn't taking a spot from someone else of any importance.

I can see why people would be upset if it were Richard/Dave instead of Izzy or Frank instead of Adler because it's perceived they are taking the spot of the originals, but Pittman? Who cares? You really pissed they didn't bring back Zig Zag?

Also, I'd be weary of taking comment sections from news articles as public opinion. 99% of those posters comment for reaction, and they make up a very small portion of the readers.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I gotta say, seeing Chris Pittman, Frank, and Dave Kushner's names attached to these "reunion" rumours have killed the excitement a little for me, especially Chris "masterbating robot noises on keyboards" Pittman and Dave "fart noises on guitar" Kushner. Those guys should be kept well away from this lineup

It's funny, I'm actually more excited by their inclusion in the lineup.  It's an indicator that we might be hearing CD and VR songs on the next tour, and that CD2 might still come out soon with a song or two featuring Slash.

How awesome would it be to hear Axl singing Fall to Peices?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Having Steven part of the reunion would have done more harm than good. He's really a looser cannon than Axl.

But thank god that fuckface Sorum seems to also be out.

Don't hold back! 14

I know Matt is not popular, but why would he be a problem here? Decent drummer, professional far as I know.

What if it comes out Matt is why Axl didn't do Kimmel?

Would give me, at least, more ammo ...

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

21 is back in the band so I'm happy 21

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They do run a risk of diluting this thing. We're going to have to see how the general public reacts to it.

One of our national papers posted the news this morning. First reply was "yawn", the other was "not expecting much, but I'll go see it".

I think they are going to need some serious promotion to sell this as the big event it is.

I saw an article last week about the reunion and 90% of the comments were negative. Would only take one kickass performance at Coachella or on a talk show to swing a lot round though I think.

Yeah, whole lot of cynicism out there and Axl is the easiest target in the world. Brought it on himself with the antics of the past. They are going to need to get Duff and Slash out there promoting.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

One of our national papers posted the news this morning. First reply was "yawn", the other was "not expecting much, but I'll go see it".

I think they are going to need some serious promotion to sell this as the big event it is.

I saw an article last week about the reunion and 90% of the comments were negative. Would only take one kickass performance at Coachella or on a talk show to swing a lot round though I think.

Yeah, whole lot of cynicism out there and Axl is the easiest target in the world. Brought it on himself with the antics of the past. They are going to need to get Duff and Slash out there promoting.

Absolutely, or even better as a 3, on something like Kimmel would be perfect.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Interesting thing though about the cynical Internet. U2 has less than 500,000 followers on Twitter and sells out stadiums/arenas with ease. Slash has 3 million, Axl 900,000, Duff 500,000, and GN'R around 2 million. Metallica's account is 3 million but I don't think the members have their own pages. GN'R is one of the biggest rock acts on Twitter (maybe the biggest) despite all of the crap Axl has done over the last 20 years to fuck up the band's reputation. Slash and Duff have both done a great job keeping their credibility and building on it through the years.

For perspective on our society: Bieber has almost 75 million follower on Twitter, Cyrus has around 25 million, and GaGa has over 50 million. Adele has around 25 million and destroys all of them in actual album sales. Bottom line is  I don't think all those cynical fucksticks that go out of their way to bash GN'R on the Internet speak for the whole audience. Axl will need to bring his "A" game and avoid any riots/controversies over really late starts, but the potential is there for a hugely successful tour.

Despite the best efforts of the grunge douches and the hipster crowd to try to lump GN'R in with hair metal, the fact is Guns was a special band...the last great hard rock band. The reunion is a huge deal even if it's not all 5 of them, though I do hope Stevie and Izzy are part of it somehow.

johndivney wrote:

Well I think the fact of it is, GnR are a pop band tbh.. They bring in Joe public. Not just hardcores, not just hard rock fans.
The last time I went to see them, 08 or 09, I was amazed at the people I knew from home who were at the gig. People I'd never associate with GnR in a million years - people who are there for the hits. Only one of my mates came to the gig with me, everyone else had dropped off somewhere around '06 - you all know how it is yourselves, how many hardcores dropped their interest & yet the band were still able to rope in the punters, the average joes who are just going to the gig & not invested in the personnel or the story behind the scenes.
Guns hit that popularity & sometimes I think it's hard for us to see or remember just what a phenomenal sorta band they are, that they can attract all these different types of people. Honestly, out of all the gigs I've been too I've never seen a crowd as varied as those I see at GnR gigs. They attract folks from all walks: families, old rockers, kids, punks, hard rockers

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, even my mother likes GN'R. Traveled 300 miles to see them in 2006. You won't find any other rock artists on her shelf.

Their big hits drew in all types, casuals, pop fans and the almighty girl dollar. Ironically you might say their loyalty to the band is "greater" than some hardcores. They have not burned themselves out on the hits and they don't know much about all the drama, so when GN'R comes to their city they'll go see it. Axl's bread and butter these last 10 years or so.

GN'R eclipsed mere rock star status in their day. Hits like NR, SCOM and DC propelled them to a world band.

Board footer