You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

bigbri wrote:

I too am worried about Axl holding all the power in this arrangement, to be honest. We'll see how it goes. I'm mainly hoping for new music. I've seen 2 versions of this band, so I'm not exactly SOL if I don't see them this time. I'll have to see how high ticket prices go.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Just to let you know, there have been no updates on Universal's database. The Coachella dates are not even on there.

So, the current activities of GN'R are not tied into anything to do with the record company.

If you are wondering what the database is, it is this address; https://www.umgb2b.com You get an account if you work in the music industry

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just to let you know, there have been no updates on Universal's database. The Coachella dates are not even on there.

So, the current activities of GN'R are not tied into anything to do with the record company.

Not surprising given his history with them.

So this means there isn't any musical release tied to this reunion? Or does it just mean the record company isn't involved in the tour?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Not surprising given his history with them.

So this means there isn't any musical release tied to this reunion? Or does it just mean the record company isn't involved in the tour?

If Universal had a tie in, they would be updating.

It just means that it is all about the tour just now. There is nothing else, as yet.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The merch machine will have to kick into gear at some point though. It is going to be all about the merch

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

What is the definition of tie in? Does it mean Universal would have to be a partner in the tour? Or is it still possible there are plans for something with Uni, but they are just not involved with the tour on any level?

Because Uni must definitely be interested in releasing something to capitalize from this, be it a new album, a live album or a GH. And I would also think Axl is interested in fulfilling his contract with them so as to not be tied down to it anymore.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

From the bands perspective, when they are signing contracts they have to think about all aspects of their tour.

For now, there is nothing happening and no ties with the record company. It is all about Coachella and AEG

When Uni start firing, then we know the band are moving on from Coachella and thinking about other aspects of the tour.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Tangent

Thinking out loud, if Slash and Duff have accounts on Nightrain, do you think there is going to be an online presence. One member one day, then another the next.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

They've done so before on their own sites, so very possible. Even Axl did at one point, but I'm not expecting a repeat of that.

Depends on how much they think it is worth promotion wise maybe.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

They've done so before on their own sites, so very possible. Even Axl did at one point, but I'm not expecting a repeat of that.

Depends on how much they think it is worth promotion wise maybe.

We seem to be getting this drip drip approach to promoting Coachella

It seems like an obvious thing to do

Board footer