You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axl need a rea manager to get him in line, not team brazil who are just a bunch of hanger ons and yes people who are robbing Axl of his money.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you think we get some AFD 5 at Coachella? Only have 36 mins left to decide.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axl need a rea manager to get him in line, not team brazil who are just a bunch of hanger ons and yes people who are robbing Axl of his money.

They seem to be doing well and have been around for a long time

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you think we get some AFD 5 at Coachella? Only have 36 mins left to decide.

Yes, just a guess though

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

How are they doing well LOL
You have the  biggest rock reunion of all time and we are getting barely anything.  They are botching it from the start.
The full band should have announced the reunion on Kimmel then played a song.

There should be complete news of the tour and who is in the band. WE still don't even know the full band yet. How is that even possible .

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have the  biggest rock reunion of all time and we are getting barely anything.  They are botching it from the start.

There should be complete news of the tour and who is in the band. WE still don't even know the full band yet. How is that even possible .

You need to think a little outside the box. If you tie other people into the reunion, it creates a mess.

AEG are really good at what they do. The band have some artistic freedom as to who appears. It can also be a surprise as to who appears.

It is the right card to play

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have the  biggest rock reunion of all time

Eagles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin are all bigger reunions than this. It's not like the publicity machine matters much for a festival gig. Coachella will sell out no matter who is on the bill and no matter how much GN'R chooses to hype it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

You need to think a little outside the box. If you tie other people into the reunion, it creates a mess.

AEG are really good at what they do. The band have some artistic freedom as to who appears. It can also be a surprise as to who appears.

Yeah, the Kimmel cancellation aside I think they've handled things beautifully so far. Slash and Duff have been confirmed. That's really all you need to know. Izzy and Steven will probably be involved in some way, but not full time. Dizzy, Chris, Frank, and Richard are most likely involved too. The only mystery is if they choose to go with 3 guitarists or 2.

As for the rest of the tour. I have no problem with them taking their time on that announcement. The Kimmel thing came a bit prematurely it would seem. If concert dates were to leak and then they turn out to be wrong, that would cause chaos. Make sure all your ducks are in a row before the big reveal. A little anticipation and mystery isn't a bad thing. I mean we're THIS close, let's not get too picky.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

There should be complete news of the tour and who is in the band. WE still don't even know the full band yet. How is that even possible.

You don't need to think outside the box. Its cut and dry. What do you mean it can be a surprise who appears that is just dumb.  You officially announce who is in the reunion, then if Izzy or Matt/Steven will be at any of the shows.  Its a joke that Slash and Duff had to announce it on their own . Its not being handled well at all.

tejastech08 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You have the  biggest rock reunion of all time

Eagles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin are all bigger reunions than this. It's not like the publicity machine matters much for a festival gig. Coachella will sell out no matter who is on the bill and no matter how much GN'R chooses to hype it.

I should have said one of the biggest reunions of all time but the GNR reunion is every bit as big as those, since people have been asking for this reunion for over 10 years.

It also does not matter if coachelle is going to sell out regardless. That is irreverent.  This is about guns n roses having a reunion which is supposed to be a huge deal and its already being mishandled badly.  They are already doing everything wrong.

faldor wrote:
sp1at wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Yeah, the Kimmel cancellation aside I think they've handled things beautifully so far. Slash and Duff have been confirmed. That's really all you need to know. Izzy and Steven will probably be involved in some way, but not full time. Dizzy, Chris, Frank, and Richard are most likely involved too. The only mystery is if they choose to go with 3 guitarists or 2.

As for the rest of the tour. I have no problem with them taking their time on that announcement. The Kimmel thing came a bit prematurely it would seem. If concert dates were to leak and then they turn out to be wrong, that would cause chaos. Make sure all your ducks are in a row before the big reveal. A little anticipation and mystery isn't a bad thing. I mean we're THIS close, let's not get too picky.

Like I said Slash and Duff and to confirm themselves.   That is not handling it well. That is a joke.  The announcement should have been made all at the same time and by one source. But stuff on the reunion is coming out little by little. Its being badly managed.

You dont have to announce the tour yet but you should have a official announcement about the full band and the plans. you don't need specific dates for the stadium tour.

They just need to say there will be a US stadium tour to follow but more on that later.  You shouldn't have had Slash and Duff confirming on FB own their own they are now back in the band officially.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I fucked up the quotes in the above post LOL hopefully you can follow

btw

if I was manager what I would have done was and Axl, Slash and Duff appear on Kimmel to announce the reunion, talk about how it came about, them getting back tougher, then go to the stage with the rest of the touring band (probably Frank, Dizzy, Chris and Fortus) then play two songs. WTTJ and PC.

That is what they should have done.

Board footer