You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

There has been no official guns n roses announcement about the reunion nor who is in the full band.

Slash and Duff confirmed they in GNR again, GNR didnt do it first.

Casuals still have no clue what is going on because there is no real news.  My friends still ask me who is in the band and what is going on because there is no full official announcement.  We just know the Axl, Slash and Duff are playing coachelle. And like I said Slash and Duff had to announcement it themselves that they were in the band.

There is still nothing on gunsnroses.com or GNR FB page about Slash and Duff being back in the band.

There was a Guns N' Roses press release.  This is the full text as posted on the Nightrain forum:

GUNS N’ ROSES MAKE HISTORY WITH 2016 RETURN

Iconic Lineup to Headline COACHELLA Music & Arts Festival in April in Indio, CA

January 5, 2016 – Upholding a three-decade tradition of breaking ground, creating trends, and forever changing the face of rock ‘n’ roll, Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century. Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival (April 15-17 & April 22-24)—as announced last night!

For months, critics and audiences alike have generated immense excitement and speculation over the possible regrouping of the iconic line-up. The April performances will mark the first time since 1993 the Gunners will share the stage for what is certain to be an explosive event. For more information please visit www.gunsnroses.com.

Following the group’s 1985 formation, Guns N’ Roses injected unbridled, unrivaled, and unstoppable attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene. The spirit went on to captivate the entire world with the release of their 1987 debut Appetite for Destruction –the best-selling U.S. debut ever, moving 30 million copies globally.
Thanks for Riding the Nightrain.

Ali

Did they post an abbreviated version of it on that forum? The one I read mentioned UYI and Chinese Democracy success (lol at this term applied to CD).

It was a success, though. There's been revisionism, not to mention the forums decided to judge it solely based on the comparison album sales of AFD and UYI. It had good reviews and has sold 3 million copies and a platinum seller. That wasn't made up, and I think it was specifically mentioned because those songs will be played.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think it was specifically mentioned because those songs will be played.

I think so too. It could have easily been ignored and no one would've noticed.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I like the content of CD for the most part but it's not anywhere near the success of past GN'R material. Hell, Contraband beat it by a pretty wide margin in sales and I don't think Contraband is anything to write home about either.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I just noticed the banner image changed on this site. HOW BADASS IS THAT? Duff and Slash up there!

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I like the content of CD for the most part but it's not anywhere near the success of past GN'R material. Hell, Contraband beat it by a pretty wide margin in sales and I don't think Contraband is anything to write home about either.

My biggest gripe with CD was Ron. It's like having a stack of pancakes, perfect ingridients, awesome toppings, stellar syrup, and before you take a bite, the chef douces artificial ketchup all over it. Uggh.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I just noticed the banner image changed on this site. HOW BADASS IS THAT? Duff and Slash up there!

16 Slash and Duff are also highlighted in full colour once again on the band page.

We've also been making a lot of changes to the Discography over the last year which we pushed live the other night. We didn't mention it publicly because it's not actually finished yet, and we're still needing to go through and update the solo discographies, but we are grinding away at it and have plans in place, for this and some other cool new features smile

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Will wrote:
bigbri wrote:

16 Slash and Duff are also highlighted in full colour once again on the band page.

We've also been making a lot of changes to the Discography over the last year which we pushed live the other night. We didn't mention it publicly because it's not actually finished yet, and we're still needing to go through and update the solo discographies, but we are grinding away at it and have plans in place, for this and some other cool new features smile

And what if Coachella is a one-off?

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Will wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think it's safe to say it won't be, but if it implodes, reckon Axl will be on that banner alone.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Will wrote:

I think it's safe to say it won't be, but if it implodes, reckon Axl will be on that banner alone.

16  Never underestimate Axl's ability to implode a tour. axl axl92

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Not sure what ya mean? As band members have come and gone we've always changed who is highlighted on the Band page, just don't think anyone ever noticed 16

For the other features and updates we'll keep working on them regardless of who is in the band too. We started work on these updates long before the reunion rumors started, we just pushed them live due to the increased traffic as the new discog page is hopefully a small improvement over the old one 5 GNR are gonna call it a day sometime, and when they do Evo will still be around and hopefully be the best resource for GNR info on the net by then

Board footer