You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

Will wrote:

Ah sorry you meant the banner? Nah they'll stay on it. James asked me to change it a month or so ago but I never got round to it til now.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Will wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I just noticed the banner image changed on this site. HOW BADASS IS THAT? Duff and Slash up there!

16 Slash and Duff are also highlighted in full colour once again on the band page.

We've also been making a lot of changes to the Discography over the last year which we pushed live the other night. We didn't mention it publicly because it's not actually finished yet, and we're still needing to go through and update the solo discographies, but we are grinding away at it and have plans in place, for this and some other cool new features smile

And what if Coachella is a one-off?

It won't be there is that rumor of a 25 date stadium tour in the US plus some Euro dates.

The band is reportedly getting $3-5 million per show, that is for the big 3 Axl Slash and Duff.  you really think any of them would turn down at least $1m each per show to just do a one off gig?

If they do the whole US tour that is at least $25m for each of them.  Axis slash-less version of GNR won't get close to that and Slash solo won't even get close to Axls non slash GNR.

Why wouldn't they do it?

The real question is will Axl make it through the whole tour without imploding.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

This is why I waited.

All this time I silently watched this all from afar like an old veteran, and today is proof of what I always feared... even a reunion... wouldn't change a goddamn thing about how Axl operates.

And that's okay. I've come to accept it. It is what it is.

All of these questions. 2016 will be a BIG YEAR for Guns N' Roses, and... a press release came and went, the rollout was botched, Axl did nothing, and Slash & Duff were AGAIN left to promote something that hasn't even been their baby in over 20 years.

I'm really curious what money is on the line. Whether Coachella actually contracted them to MAKE THEIR FIRST appearence together. What interest does Slash & Duff have in this? What's the payday?

Because right now? Axl owns it all, and Slash & Duff are already in line to do all the work.

I don't blame Team Brazil. I blame 'ol Sittin Bull. It was always him. It must be a big ass payday for them to be prepared to put up with this. I don't see how they will be willing, unless GN'R are going to have alot of downtime for Slash & Duff to do solo stuff. Richard & Dizzy with Dead Daisies as well.

Btw, It does feel nice to be vindicated though. I said FOR YEARS that the reunion would be Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank, Dizzy & Chris... and I remember getting slammed by the reunionites and the "fuck Richard, fuck Frank" shit, it's Steven & Matt or fuck off -- types.

With that said. Long live Guns and hopefully 2016 will be the year for GN'R that it has been prophecized.

GN'R will be getting paid 8 million dollars for doing Coachella. It is the highest amount ever paid by the festival for any act. The contract is between AEG/Goldenvoice and Slash, Duff and Axl who have agreed a share of the money. No other GN'R members are part of the contract, the band are free to choose whoever they wish to play. No other dates will be announced for a certain period of time to allow Goldenvoice to promote the festival first. The reunion came about because AEG promoted the Las Vegas residencies and built up a trust with Axl and his management. Some people knew GN'R were headlining Coachella five months ago, so it looks as though everything was agreed earlier than we thought, well, than I thought anyway.

Izzy was not wanting to be contracted to appear, but will appear at some point during the year. I do not know anything about Adler.

The European tour is still being finalised. There is no UK date at this point in time. Negotiations are still under way. So Reading, BST, all of those have not agreed anything with the band.

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Damn... Axl, Slash & Duff are splitting $8mil, jeezus... 18

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

And where was that posted exactly? its not on gunsnroses.com, its not on their FB page.  OH you mean it was just posted on some so called official GNR forum LOL

Please that is not an official announcement. It was just posted on a message board.  I love how it says go to gunsnroses.com for more info and there is zero info about it except the coachella dates.

The people managing GNR right now are a bunch of hacks.

To my knowledge there was a full press release, which is why I came back and posted here last night, because it was FINALLY official.

I agree Slash & Duff confirmed via their FB, but to be fair they are pretty public (much more so than Axl), and they were being slammed daily with questions that they could finally answer.

Eddie Trunk, Billboard, USA Today, etc. all of the above posted that Press Release yesterday morning, and all got the same text, docx, and pics of Axl, Slash & Duff.

They all then ran news stories with the text and headlines "Axl & Slash & Duff CONFIRMED for Coachella".

The press release was real. What pissed off all the fans was that Team Brazil cockteased all the fans with a big announcement later on, and yet what they delivered was basically the same thing that all the news reported earlier.

Or at least that's what I thought happened. Then again i've been out of the game awhile. I hit the ground running yesterday with all these new rumors. I have no fucking clue what all this Car Wash nonsense is.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Will wrote:

16 Slash and Duff are also highlighted in full colour once again on the band page.

We've also been making a lot of changes to the Discography over the last year which we pushed live the other night. We didn't mention it publicly because it's not actually finished yet, and we're still needing to go through and update the solo discographies, but we are grinding away at it and have plans in place, for this and some other cool new features smile

And what if Coachella is a one-off?

It won't be there is that rumor of a 25 date stadium tour in the US plus some Euro dates.

The band is reportedly getting $3-5 million per show, that is for the big 3 Axl Slash and Duff.  you really think any of them would turn down at least $1m each per show to just do a one off gig?

If they do the whole US tour that is at least $25m for each of them.  Axis slash-less version of GNR won't get close to that and Slash solo won't even get close to Axls non slash GNR.

Why wouldn't they do it?

The real question is will Axl make it through the whole tour without imploding.

I am aware of the tour speculation. I think a lot depends on Axl at Coachella. If he embarrasses himself like MTV 2002 or Rio 2011, the tour plans could easily fall apart. Slash and Duff will play great and that could just make Axl look even worse.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watch me claim Coachella is Axl's greatest vocal ever and the people watching the stream will say it is his worst ever.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

He can even minimize his running and still deliver like a boss.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Watch me claim Coachella is Axl's greatest vocal ever and the people watching the stream will say it is his worst ever.

If Adler and Izzy are there, I bet this is exactly what happens. You will be in the AFD Reality Distortion Field. 16

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

And where was that posted exactly? its not on gunsnroses.com, its not on their FB page.  OH you mean it was just posted on some so called official GNR forum LOL

Please that is not an official announcement. It was just posted on a message board.  I love how it says go to gunsnroses.com for more info and there is zero info about it except the coachella dates.

The people managing GNR right now are a bunch of hacks.

To my knowledge there was a full press release, which is why I came back and posted here last night, because it was FINALLY official.

I agree Slash & Duff confirmed via their FB, but to be fair they are pretty public (much more so than Axl), and they were being slammed daily with questions that they could finally answer.

Eddie Trunk, Billboard, USA Today, etc. all of the above posted that Press Release yesterday morning, and all got the same text, docx, and pics of Axl, Slash & Duff.

They all then ran news stories with the text and headlines "Axl & Slash & Duff CONFIRMED for Coachella".

The press release was real. What pissed off all the fans was that Team Brazil cockteased all the fans with a big announcement later on, and yet what they delivered was basically the same thing that all the news reported earlier.

Or at least that's what I thought happened. Then again i've been out of the game awhile. I hit the ground running yesterday with all these new rumors. I have no fucking clue what all this Car Wash nonsense is.

I thought team Brazil released the statement on that night train website then the media picked it up as being official. 

I don't know, I just never saw an official announcement on the GNR FB or gunsnroses.com, but I did the next day see the media blurb.

So i guess that was official technically.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If Adler and Izzy are there, I bet this is exactly what happens. You will be in the AFD Reality Distortion Field. 16

There's going to be a stream?

Board footer