You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: SLASH's CONSPIRATORS Bandmate Has Known 'For A Long Time' Reuni

Axlin16 wrote:
WARose wrote:

Well, if he had made his mind up before then it begs the question, why bother going ahead with the residency & the dvd? (The dvd was recorded during that residency, right? Or was there an earlier one the year before??).

The dvd was recorded during the Vegas residency in 2012.

Looking back on that last (full) show I saw, I do gotta say they put on a fun show in fairness to them, & I always enjoyed seeing BBF.. But.. I'm glad they're gone!

exactely my opinion on that. they put on a kickass show every time i`ve seen them, but Slash being on stage with Axl again will completely erase the 2001-2014 live era.

Quoted for truth. I don't think people have quite wrapped their minds around the previous (and most stable) era of GN'R.

It's done.

Somewhere along the line, possibly with Duff back, Axl made his mind up. Maybe he actually did make friends with Slash? Who knows, but anything from 2001-2014, brand-recognition wise, is done. Nobody, NOBODY in history is going to ever recall that period, other than the diehards.

This whole situation is very reminiscent of the KISS reunion. Paul & Gene thought they could bring out Ace & Peter for the MTV Unplugged show as kind of a wink, wink, nudge, nudge gag, and what it did was effectively kill the Unmasked-era overnight. Nobody gave a damn about anybody by the Unmasked band, and they were slammed by reunion offers/requests. They were slammed so bad, any yet had no intention of reuniting. Doing it, literally forced them into a reunion, which was later on revealed to be an egotistical/logistical nightmare.

Wonder more and more if Duff's return, and molding in with Richard, Frank, Dizzy & Chris, pretty much was the death knell in "new Guns".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: SLASH's CONSPIRATORS Bandmate Has Known 'For A Long Time' Reuni

faldor wrote:

I think there were a lot of factors at play in the "death of NuGNR". Band defections, troubles with the label & other business dealings, the public's unwillingness of acceptance, etc. Surely making amends with Izzy and Duff over the years had an impact as well. Maybe it was just too much work and too little reward in Axl's mind. From what we're led to believe, Ron's departure was expected. DJ's was not. Once that happened the only two options that really made sense were either to try get Robin and Bucket back, or Slash. Crazily enough, Slash was the more likely option. Bringing in 1 or 2 completely new guitarists would have made the situation appear as even more of a joke than it already was. I don't know if that option was ever actually on the table. And who knows if Robin and Bucket were either. Maybe Slash was the target all along, well at least recently. I'd love to know all the details, hopefully we get a little sense of them someday.

Board footer