You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if the thing with Chris was just something simple like they were trying to negotiate the vegas shows as the first reunion shows and everyone going on about chocella was annoying the promoter....so they told chris to shut up about it.

Think it's more a general call for silence since nobody is saying anything about anything.

Could be because they got something planned, could be because everybody is scared of saying anything wrong.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Could be because they got something planned, could be because everybody is scared of saying anything wrong.

Exactly...I hope it's the former and that the people who have suggested a single / an EP / or even CD2 to co-incide with a huge global tour turn out to be accurate. That's the dream.

However, I could also see a scenario where it's the latter. Let's face it: With the exception of Bumble, most in the band have kept their mouth shut about the band for 20 years, and only offer small hints or vague statements of plans when pressed for info. It's how the band runs under the control of Axl/Team Brazil.

Whatever else people may or may not think about him - I don't think Slash is dumb - he's smart enough to be aware that one of Axl's complaints related to Slash's comments in the media (fair or not - it was for sure one of the problems). So if Slash is back - but hasn't communicated much except for a few friendly texts and "in principle" plans for shows - I think Slash/Duff may have chosen to shut the fuck up so as not to accidentally ruin it.

Logically - the moment Slash does an interview he will be asked about GNR and Axl - he is then in a losing position - best case is he says something harmless and the show goes on - worst case is he thinks he says something harmless but it upsets Axl and the reunion is dead.....given these shows will sell out anyway - he has everything to gain and nothing to lose by simply hiding.

Thus - while i hope the silence is because they are going to drop some epic bomb of a kickass product on us - it could also just be Slash knows it took him 30 years to get back last time, and has learn't nothing is to be gained from doing GNR interviews.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I know GNR are still under contract with UMG....I would LOVE for something to happen like NIN did with The Slip. Just out of the blue....BAM.....there is a GNR album(or a new song) ready to instantly download/stream on the official site.

It doesn't have to be free like The Slip was. Just unload it amidst all this hoopla.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The coolest thing about The Slip was that rehersal video footage of the songs played kinda live or whatever.

I would love to see something like that with GNR, just Axl, Slash and Fortus and whoever playing whatever but proshot in a small room. Could kick ass.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The coolest thing about The Slip was that rehersal video footage of the songs played kinda live or whatever.

Absolutely. Discipline sounded better at rehearsals than it did on the album.

It was also funny how Trent had 2 members from the CD sessions on this album who had both left GNR at different times because they didn't feel like waiting and wanted to actually release music.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I wonder if the perfect GNR album that Slash talked about writing with Duff and Izzy all those years ago will be dusted off for Axl to work on?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Logically - the moment Slash does an interview he will be asked about GNR and Axl - he is then in a losing position - best case is he says something harmless and the show goes on - worst case is he thinks he says something harmless but it upsets Axl and the reunion is dead.....

Also, Slash may even give an answer well along the company line, but click-bait websites providing "news" turn it on its head. Unfortunately, controversy sells.

One way to deal with it would be to do a joint video interview with Axl and Slash. Safe environment, friendly interviewer, premeditated answers. Saying simple things like, "Guns got so big, so fast, that we just grew apart in the early 90's". Slash telling how much he appreciates Axl's vision and persistence to make the best album he can, Axl acknowledging that Slash has worked hard to make a solo career for himself. Both driving home the point that they're eager to work together again.

Keep it simple, focus on the biz and art, leave personal stuff aside for the time being. Might work.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I wonder if the perfect GNR album that Slash talked about writing with Duff and Izzy all those years ago will be dusted off for Axl to work on?

This is my hope.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I would love to see something like that with GNR, just Axl, Slash and Fortus and whoever playing whatever but proshot in a small room. Could kick ass.

Telling you mate, the only time Axl n slash will be in the same room will be when they're performing. IF they're recording material (which they're not) they'll have a errand boy delivering tapes & notes or emailing shit. Maybe they could Skype..
They'll play in a small room in a club venue for Rosario Dawson & maybe someone will record it on their phone.

& there you have another post brimming with optimism. You're welcome.

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Logically - the moment Slash does an interview he will be asked about GNR and Axl - he is then in a losing position - best case is he says something harmless and the show goes on - worst case is he thinks he says something harmless but it upsets Axl and the reunion is dead.....

Also, Slash may even give an answer well along the company line, but click-bait websites providing "news" turn it on its head. Unfortunately, controversy sells.

One way to deal with it would be to do a joint video interview with Axl and Slash. Safe environment, friendly interviewer, premeditated answers. Saying simple things like, "Guns got so big, so fast, that we just grew apart in the early 90's". Slash telling how much he appreciates Axl's vision and persistence to make the best album he can, Axl acknowledging that Slash has worked hard to make a solo career for himself. Both driving home the point that they're eager to work together again.

Keep it simple, focus on the biz and art, leave personal stuff aside for the time being. Might work.

Never going to happen.

Axl maybe feels he doesn't owe or want to give the world an explanation. I'm sure we all have some notion of how things fell back into place & performances will be the evidence of the reasons why they're working together again. Time will tell in that regard & we p much know the story of how Slash & Duff are back in.
It's just the minutiae of the inner workings of it that is of course of interest to the fans (& there are plenty), but it's never the kinda stuff people usually go public with, in their private lives let alone rock stars (tho Axl was always refreshingly honest when he used to talk).

Board footer