You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

Nik wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The free pass you guys are giving this guy is pathetic. And I hate it when he refers to GNR as "Guns" and I cringe when Eddie Trunk says it too. That is an intimate word to me and I think only Slash, Axl, Duff can refer to the band as Guns. Guns to me relates to a gang, a posse, a group of pals... When I look at pitman, I see that 40 year old living in his parents basement. That tool album he describes as out of control amazing still isn't out. He sounded like Bach there. Total Cheese shit. "Hey bro, I am Guns, we are reuniting, we were cool enough to let Slash and Duff hang with us. They can finally feel what we have felt since 2000 being in the most dangerous band in the world. Richard is going to teach Slash all the songs ok CD so we can still play them live. Kind of like how Tommy taught Duff. Duff and Slash will be happy. I am glad we were able to help them".

My only comment on this blabbling is a huge LOL.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

The music world has definitely reverted back to the 1950s mindset of a single, just with a higher bump in tech. Having said that, people do still release albums as a promotional vehicle for a tour.

If this is really how Axl/TB feel, then just announce it. If they want to go full on nostalgia they will still get people going to shows. THis dangling a Chinese carrot strategy is tiresome and is why the hardcore fan base is like this. People expecting an album that is always off in the distance.

Absolutely, people still release albums..

I guess I'm just trying to say that Guns could get away with a song or two if they don't have a full album or the desire to release an album.

But c'mon, we know better than to expect announcements about this sort of thing. 14

Smoking Guns wrote:

The free pass you guys are giving this guy is pathetic. And I hate it when he refers to GNR as "Guns" and I cringe when Eddie Trunk says it too. That is an intimate word to me and I think only Slash, Axl, Duff can refer to the band as Guns. Guns to me relates to a gang, a posse, a group of pals... When I look at pitman, I see that 40 year old living in his parents basement. That tool album he describes as out of control amazing still isn't out. He sounded like Bach there. Total Cheese shit. "Hey bro, I am Guns, we are reuniting, we were cool enough to let Slash and Duff hang with us. They can finally feel what we have felt since 2000 being in the most dangerous band in the world. Richard is going to teach Slash all the songs ok CD so we can still play them live. Kind of like how Tommy taught Duff. Duff and Slash will be happy. I am glad we were able to help them".

On that same note, I don't really see a reason to bag on the guy.     I think he has enough time in the band to have earned the fans respect.   

I like him better than Teddy "Zig Zag" anyways. tongue

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The free pass you guys are giving this guy is pathetic. And I hate it when he refers to GNR as "Guns" and I cringe when Eddie Trunk says it too. That is an intimate word to me and I think only Slash, Axl, Duff can refer to the band as Guns.

"Intimate word"... dude chill. Guns is short hand for "Guns N' Roses". Like it or not Chris Pitman is in the band, and even produced the teaser trailer that aired before the biggest film of 2015 in the US.

He's been in the band since in the late 90s and has worked with Axl for the past 15+ years. I don't understand why you feel the strength of emotion you do to another human being who's greatest sin in your eyes is playing in a rock band you like. I can't understand why any fully grown adult would...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I guess I'm just trying to say that Guns could get away with a song or two if they don't have a full album or the desire to release an album.

Oh I agree with that. After the album came out and some were complaining about the quality and how he cant possibly have a second great album in the vault, I said he doesn't even need a great album to put him back on the map....he needs a great song.

If there is a Cochise or Slither sitting in that vault and these guys throw it out there in the midst of this reunion, they're instantly back on the map.

---

Axl S...SG might have got a bit emotional and I definitely am not as harsh towards Pitman but he does have a point. People who were kids or teens in 1987 have a much different feeling towards that band and I'm not knocking younger fans of the band when I say that.

He's right...it came across as a gang of the coolest, craziest guys in the world and their music backed up the image in spades. I was 12 years old when I ran to the mall to buy AFD and I cant even put into words the feelings I had when diving into that album.

I understand why some want Adler in the band so much. He might not mean anything now but he sure as shit meant something back then. So did Izzy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The line from Pitman that should ENRAGE you is his carefree attitude about putting an album out. Where in the world of Slash and Duff (Real Guns) they can't imagine not putting out music. With Slash and Duff back in the band Mother Goose better get on board or Fuck Off

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The line from Pitman that should ENRAGE you is his carefree attitude about putting an album out. Where in the world of Slash and Duff (Real Guns) they can't imagine not putting out music. With Slash and Duff back in the band Mother Goose better get on board or Fuck Off

Yep, artists still release albums even if they aren't making money on them anymore.  It makes this guy easier to criticize for me (and I also hate  hiis "contributions" to the songs).  Seriously, he should just be quiet and thank his lucky stars that he is involved with this.

AtariLegend wrote:

Duff's practically been back in the band for a few years. He's basically played as much as Stinson has post 2011.

Unless Adler plays Coachella the only thing that's changed is Slash has rejoined.

I'm glad that Duff/Slash are back, but I'd be a bit disappointed if Axl chose to fire everyone else "just because".

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

At this point given Axl's track record Pitman, Fortus, Ferrer & Reed being in the band increases the chance of new music being released and for that I am thankful of any involvement any of them may have. In that regard they can say what the want. Guns is just short for Guns N' Roses and if they are involved in that group I understand them using the shorthand and wouldn't get too worked up about their usage... or their involvement.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I hate it when he refers to GNR as "Guns" and I cringe when Eddie Trunk says it too. That is an intimate word to me and I think only Slash, Axl, Duff can refer to the band as Guns.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Dexter wrote:

Personally, I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns.

Everybody else is taking their cue from Axl.

You sound a bit like Obama with your restrictions wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

When I hear guns I think of a real band. Not the circus of 98-2014. It is no longer a circus. But I prefer Frank and Pit to be in the background a little more. Nobody GAS what they have to say really. Especially not me after that weird interview.

Board footer