You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: MATT SORUM Refuses To Comment On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Lineup

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said Slash was a possible replacement for DJ before your original 5 carwash!! tongue

Yeah you did but it was obvious. There was no other direction for GNR to go once Tommy, Ron, and DJ were abandoning ship.

Tommy leaving was all people really needed to know. The most hardcore Tommy nuts even knew years ago that if Tommy stepped aside that it was coming. Tommy even said in 04 that he would gladly move out of the way for it to happen.

Not gonna get into the "my insider is better than your insider" argument......but I like the car wash story. It was totally random and out of nowhere and is genuinely the first time any reunion fire was seen above the smoke.  It wasn't presented as sooper dooper sekrit stuff and he just laid it all out there even though it appeared  outlandish and had anyone but SG said it, would not have been taken seriously at all.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bunton clowned on your insiders ID and I spoke with him at a fucking car wash. Lol. The reunion and Slash was nowhere on your insiders radar. They did a good job keeping this on the DL.

Trust me, MSL and Jim knew way before that.

And for the record, I said Slash was a possible replacement for DJ before your original 5 carwash!! tongue

i dont know if that's quite true buddy.. weren't you & your insiders going for finck coming back & dismissive of the slash stuff??

James Lofton wrote:
Rex wrote:

Damn, I thought one of the "insiders" would have answered the drummer question for us already. Kinda funny how they're quiet now, even tho I swore they all said there's no way Sorum would be involved.

This is how its always been:

Story emerges....insiders knew it all along.....story changes....insiders go quiet....wait for story to evolve....picture gets clearer....insiders adapt their story to latest info.....new story emerges....insiders knew it all along....story changes....insiders go quiet....

this.
this is exactly how it has played out the last couple of months.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not good at the insider game. I hear something and share what I heard. I don't really care if it ends up exactly as I said. I just share what little I hear so we all have the information.

The only thing I didn't share publicly was that I heard the contracts were signed a month or so before the car wash story. I was sworn to secrecy, though if you go back I did hint at it.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Most of these insider stories are bullshit anyway, always has been...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bunton clowned on your insiders ID and I spoke with him at a fucking car wash. Lol. The reunion and Slash was nowhere on your insiders radar. They did a good job keeping this on the DL.

Trust me, MSL and Jim knew way before that.

And for the record, I said Slash was a possible replacement for DJ before your original 5 carwash!! tongue

You said 2017 at earliest.

James

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i dont know if that's quite true buddy.. weren't you & your insiders going for finck coming back??

I'm pretty sure he was pipe dreaming like me for that 2002 lineup to release CD II in an alternate universe. I don't think anyone has claimed those CD lineups were reuniting although ID can correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing I didn't share publicly was that I heard the contracts were signed a month or so before the car wash story. I was sworn to secrecy, though if you go back I did hint at it.

Yeah when I came back(June or July) there were some minor rumblings of something on this front but honestly I considered it hog wash, just something thrown out there against the wall during a silent period. Then other things started happening but that car wash story was something real and not just the usual chatter floating through cyber space.

The reason a lot of people don't like the insider thing is because its been going on ever since the newsgroup/bulletin board days. The WORST were the "one post wonders". At least when it comes from people that have been around for a long time you can actually take it without the need for as much salt.

Teddy....you were SlashMckagan?? Well knock me over with a feather. Thought I hadn't seen you in 7 or 8 years but you were actually here the whole time. 16 I'd say welcome back but...you've already been back...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID's initial reaction from the Car Wash thread:"I'm still not buying it. The Rio thing is coming from a guy who just showed up on the forum because someone he can't mention told him this deal was happening... I think if a deal was struck we would know it as it would spring major leaks...
And I don't know what your info is SG, but it's coming from Adler's camp, at a car wash...and that's the setting where many many things transpire I wouldn't buy into..."

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Teddy....you were SlashMckagan?? Well knock me over with a feather. Thought I hadn't seen you in 7 or 8 years but you were actually here the whole time. 16 I'd say welcome back but...you've already been back...

Yeah I have been back for awhile... Not really posting much, mostly reading...I got married and now I live in France... So I keep up with Guns news on this site...exciting times 5

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Someone posted on GN'R Truth that Eddie Trunk reported last night on his radio show Slash's agent told him there would be no interviews or press conference. I wonder if that is just for Coachella or in general. Coachella sold out very quickly and would have sold out quickly even without GN'R, but they are going to need promotion if they plan to tour on their own.

James

James wrote:

I remember when you lived in the Missouri boondocks. Felt for ya because I was stuck there for a few years in the 90s. 16

Exiting times for sure. Only thing that would be more exciting than this reunion would be a new album.

Board footer