You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

Yamcha wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I buy that, altered.

Day 1: Hybrid.
Day 2: AFD 5.

You bastard, hahaha... I see what you did there.. You are saying Day 1 Hybrid because that is the day I am going... lol.  And then I miss the AFD 5 because I picked the wrong damn weekend.

This seems like a possible scenario. Axl reads the forums. Maybe he will decide to troll the fuck out of you. axl

(Axl, if you read this_ Original 5 at both Coachella WE, please )

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

This is weird. He appears to be fairly good friends with Axl (they seem to hang out frequently) and he put together the teaser that aired before Star Wars, so he seemed like a lock tbh.

Again, it would be great if they would just do a press release explaining who is and isn't in the band now. All this cloak and dagger bullshit, silencing of people involved with the project (in the band or not, he's been in the studio with Axl working on mixes and did the promo so he's involved in some capacity) plus last minute talk show cancellations are all terrible warning signs for this whole thing going up in smoke as per usual.

Lower your expectations to zero and be pleasantly surprised if anything productive happens.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you really want the first time we see Axl and Slash to be with the nu guns or with a dash of history by doing the AFD/UYI eras.... ?

Money talks, put it that way.

Sequelizing the reunion as
first, Axl & Slash (with Duff)
then, the AFD 5,

gives Coachella more for their money.
The other way, the 2nd night is lesser.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Applying Occam's Razor... I'm pretty sure that they're just going to go with the established touring machine that Axl's already put together, plus Slash and Duff: Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy/Pitman. Izzy and Adler will be invited to guest as per Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman on the recent Stones tour; they'll be "official touring guests," or whatever. The silence is because deals are still being worked out; they had to announce something for Coachella, hence the Axl/Slash/Duff press release. That's the simplest explanation for what's going on, based on the available evidence.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not sure Occam applies to Axl Rose though. 14

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you really want the first time we see Axl and Slash to be with the nu guns or with a dash of history by doing the AFD/UYI eras.... ?

Money talks, put it that way.

Sequelizing the reunion as
first, Axl & Slash (with Duff)
then, the AFD 5,

gives Coachella more for their money.
The other way, the 2nd night is lesser.

Coachella already sold out and I don't think GN'R had anything to do with it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Coachella already sold out and I don't think GN'R had anything to do with it.

Media exposure is another. If Coachella sports separate lineups, an AFD 5 is brought out after the initial airing of the hybrid to state the case.

elevendayempire wrote:

Applying Occam's Razor... I'm pretty sure that they're just going to go with the established touring machine that Axl's already put together

I'm fairly certain we'll end up with that after the dust settles.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Will a AFD lineup be that big of a deal to the general public? From a marketing standpoint I see Axl, Slash and Duff meeting most requirements. Most people didn't even notice Izzy left back in the 90s.

Only the hardcores are going to get wet in their pants with Stevie and Izzy added on.

Differing lineups seems plausible, but not necessarily as some huge PR event.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will a AFD lineup be that big of a deal to the general public? From a marketing standpoint I see Axl, Slash and Duff meeting most requirements. Most people didn't even notice Izzy left back in the 90s.

Only the hardcores are going to get wet in their pants with Stevie and Izzy added on.

Differing lineups seems plausible, but not necessarily as some huge PR event.

Hard to say. There has been a lot of negativity in the comments section on various news articles across the Internet. "We want Steven and Izzy or no dice." That sort of thing. Problem is what percentage of the public do these comments represent? Who knows.

johndivney wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I buy that, altered.

Day 1: Hybrid.
Day 2: AFD 5.

You bastard, hahaha... I see what you did there.. You are saying Day 1 Hybrid because that is the day I am going... lol.  And then I miss the AFD 5 because I picked the wrong damn weekend.

This seems like a possible scenario. Axl reads the forums. Maybe he will decide to troll the fuck out of you. axl

Revenge for SG blowing the story wide open after the car wash incident.

Axl just appreciates the lost art of keeping a secret wink

Board footer