You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play New T-Mobile Arena In Las Vegas

johndivney wrote:

the only problem at this stage as i see it is, i am going to be so loaded at the gig i'll never be able to remember it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

the only problem at this stage as i see it is, i am going to be so loaded at the gig i'll never be able to remember it.

Always a concern. I've had some great times at concerts and woken up the next day unsure if they played certain songs. It's great in the moment, but not for memory retrieval. I drove to the last GNR show so I'd have good reason to not overdo it. It actually helped thst Axl didn't take the stage until midnight and played until 3. I was pretty sober by then.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol...one good reason for a late start I suppose...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've seen a couple hundred concerts and I don't think I've ever been too intoxicated to remember the show. Granted I usually had to drive afterwards, but even when I saw gnr in Vegas I was relatively sober. I wanted to remember the show.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I spoke with AEG, and they say there are offers on the table, but at this time, there are no other dates booked at all and that there is no information to give because there isn't any (if you get what I mean). Therefore, any stories regarding dates and venues are purely speculation until the band decides exactly what they want to do

johndivney wrote:

Well you gotta figure most of the euro festival circuit is closed off to them then?

How long does it take to throw together if say they do decide to push ahead w/a US stadium/arena tour? I assume there would be a method in place in such a decision..?? It's still early in the year if they're just going to do their own shows..

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The promoter can provisionally book and hold stadium dates, and it can all get switched on fairly quickly. There will probably be a deadline in place for the band to make a decision. There could be a plan B in place as well. It's not really a bad thing at this stage.

The comments from AEG put into context all stories that are coming out now.

It also puts into context why we were hearing July dates in Europe for GN'R, then ones at the end of August.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't see them giving up on the Euro festivals. Lots of money and PR there.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

It's only been ten days since Coachella was announced. Reading have announced in March before, there is no immediate rush

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've seen a couple hundred concerts and I don't think I've ever been too intoxicated to remember the show. Granted I usually had to drive afterwards, but even when I saw gnr in Vegas I was relatively sober. I wanted to remember the show.

Hundreds of ticket stubs.

Very few memories.

The ones that are there are good tho.. For the most part..

Board footer