You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Steven Tyler says that he has been working on the return of GN'R

James wrote:

Obviously I read that wrong. I was thinking Cd II. I am in full agreement that CD itself does not need to be touched by anyone.

Pasnow...yeah that Blackhawk Down incident was deplorable. Those men went to their deaths hearing Jungle....from AFD. Wanting a rerecord of the song in the movie when it wasn't asked for should have been addressed in those Axl chats. First and last time it could've been brought up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Steven Tyler says that he has been working on the return of GN'R

monkeychow wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

But no need to put out the same album with different players.

Normally I would agree with that as a concept.

Indeed when I heard DJ and Bumble made new versions of "Better" and Brain was doing a full remix album I initially thought it was a bit mental. I mean the CD history is already a story where 15 songs were given as many years to come out and subjected to a merciless level of re-recording. Why would they do EVEN MORE , many YEARS after the album was finally out......

Think about it - it seems normal to us because we're used to Axl and the while CD mythology about this mysterious album and band...but transpose it to another band....imagine if Slash was STILL messing around with Snakepit 2 and redoing versions of those songs?

So normally I'd get it. And indeed I thought the idea of re-recording AFD was a horrific concept. I mean it's one of the most famous albums of all time, capturing magic performances from iconic players. (Although it needs a remaster please GNR).

But the difference to me is the CD1 songs are under utilised. Which is ironic considering they were developed for eternity at a cost of bazillons. But the reality to me is they never came out as good as they have the potential to be.

On AFD, the exception that on the CD i miss some of Axl's live changes "waste of my fucking time", "do you know where the fuck you are" etc, aside from that AFD is perfect.

I didn't realise it so mucg until I heard that 6 second clip of the alternate "This I love' with different Axl vocals. Same song - with more of a 'classic Axl' feel....makes me realise...do rock 'covers' of those songs with Slash and co and it would be amazing.

I'd also like to hear CD2 - but I think that's less appropriate given everyone seemed to think the albums would get progressively more industrial as they went on.

A slash version of TIL, Madagascar and so on would be great. Not so sure he needs to re-record Silkworms and Jackie Chan though - I think just put them out with the other guys to show the experiment it was.

Of course it would be great to write some fresh music too - but I figure that's something Axl has always taken longer about, and it's also hard - like does slash give his best riffs to this or to myles....considering one he can control and the other he can't!

Board footer