You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: DAVE MUSTAINE: 'It Would Be Terrific' If STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLI

polluxlm wrote:

As a person who have never heard a Megadeth album, I will always remember Dave Mustaine as the guy who broke down in tears on a Metallica documentary, because he was kicked out of the band 25 years ago.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a person who have never heard a Megadeth album, I will always remember Dave Mustaine as the guy who broke down in tears on a Metallica documentary, because he was kicked out of the band 25 years ago.

A more organized version of Popcorn Adler. 14

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

polluxlm wrote:

Peace Sells, Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction.. all classic Thrash Metal albums.    Do yourself a favor and give those albums a listen.

AtariLegend wrote:

Megadeth played the first gig I ever saw. I was a bit disappointed they didn't play A Tout Le Mode tongue.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a person who have never heard a Megadeth album

They have some other great songs of course but if you don't like that...don't even bother with em.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Peace Sells, Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction.. all classic Thrash Metal albums.    Do yourself a favor and give those albums a listen.

James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a person who have never heard a Megadeth album

Hidden Text:

They have some other great songs of course but if you don't like that...don't even bother with em.

Peace sells, those three. Checked it out.

It's not bad. Better than much of vintage Metallica actually, so that's a start. Not really my genre though.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

polluxlm wrote:

It's not bad. Better than much of vintage Metallica actually, so that's a start. Not really my genre though.

Off his first release "Killing is My Business", there is actually a Metallica song from Kill Em' All on it that with different lyrics.   Don't remember which song or the name but its very obvious when you hear it.

The most radio friendly release was Countdown.. surely you've heard Symphony of Destruction.  9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Love that song and Rust in Peace is a fantastic metal album. I enjoy Megadeth and Dave as a musician; but can't stand him as a person.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Off his first release "Killing is My Business", there is actually a Metallica song from Kill Em' All on it that with different lyrics.   Don't remember which song or the name but its very obvious when you hear it.

The most radio friendly release was Countdown.. surely you've heard Symphony of Destruction.  9

Mechanix is the song and it is a variation on The Four Horsemen song on Kill Em All.

Let me add in Tornado of Souls as a Rust in Peace favorite.  Love the Marty Friedman solo.  I downloaded their new album and will give it a listen in the next few days.  I've heard a few songs from it already and it sounds great.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't blame him - they were all drunks - kicked him out with no warning or rehab - stole his riffs - and went on to become the biggest metal act of all time wink

Board footer