You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Super Bowl predictions

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is not clutch?  HE IS WEAK? Fuck off.. You don't watch football if you say that stupid shit. 

WAS DOWN 24-0 AT ALABAMA, LEAD COME BACK
WENT UNDEFEATED AND WON JUCO NATIONAL TITLE
WENT UNDEFEATED AND WON BCS NATIONAL TITLE
GOT IN A CAR CRASH LAST YEAR, PLAYED 2 WEEKS LATER WITH A BROKEN BACK, SINCE THAT TIME HE HAS LOST 3 GAMES.  3 FUCKING GAMES.  SEATTLE IN PLAYOFFS, ATLANTA ON THE ROAD, AND DENVER IN THE SUPER BOWL.

2013 Season ran the 2 minute drill on an 80 yard drive to beat New England AT New England with his arm.

Came back and beat like 4 teams this year while down double digits.

He had a bad game in a super bowl, just like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, etc have all had.

Cam isn't the greatest QB ever, but your critique of him seems full of hate and little on substance.. If you are going to come here spouting off stupid shit at least back it up.  Cam is 26 years old and hopefully will get better and better like he has each year since he came into the league.  You act like he is Jemarcus Russell or something. 

ID, I like you, but I think you are off here.. Your description to me suits Colin Kapernick more so Cam.

2 things, Carolina did not beat NE at Gillette, that game was at Carolina. On the last play of the game where Luke Kuechly bear hugged Gronk in the endzone and no pass interference was called. If memory serves me correctly, that was the replacement refs afraid to make a call against a home team with the game in the balance. And Tom Brady hasn't had a "bad game" in a Super Bowl. At least not to the lengths that Cam had the other night. The 2 Super Bowls he lost to the Giants were by a total of 7 points that they were a few plays away from winning. Not really a fair comparison. Cam played one of his worst games under the brightest of lights. Plain and simple. The entire Panthers offense struggled mightily against a great defense who was firing on all cylinders. It happens. It's not the end of the world. Overall they had a great season and they now know what to expect should they get this far again. But let's not pretend that he didn't come up extremely short in a poor performance. He's young. I'm sure he'll have a chance at redemption.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I live near charlotte now, so I get to see it first hand. Certainly a bit of an exaggeration, but not as much as you might think.

Why does anyone care is my thing... Like "who gives a shit". He answered a few questions, got pissed and left.  WHO CARES!  I feel the same when Belechik and Saban are short or rude to media. I don't get the obsession and hate.

So here's why it bothers me: I don't mind the cockiness.  I don't mind the ego.  I don't mind the dab.  None of that bothers me at all.  However, if you want the paycheck and you want the endorsements that go along with playing in the NFL, you have to play the media game too.  Were the rest of his teammates happy they lost?  Was he the only one that really put his heart into it?  They managed to do their interviews just fine.  That's the issue.  He's basically saying he's more upset than anyone else that they lost and that's not what a leader does.  A leader takes responsibility.  I think he was somewhere around his 4th or 5th reason they lost when he was making a list. 

If you want to be a baby, that's fine, but you have to live with the consequences of doing that too.  I hate losing.  I've played sports at a fairly high level.  I never didn't shake hands after a loss as much as I wanted to sometimes and I would have done interviews had someone wanted to interview me.  So while I was never an NFL QB in the SB, I understand what it is to give it all for something and lose.  Maybe better than he does because I had to actually work a FT job and have money concerns while trying to compete.  So no, I'm not going to feel bad that he had to sit there and answer questions.  That's part of his job.  That's part of what he gets paid to do.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Brady won a few SB where he had next to nothing to do with it.  People seem to forget that when trying to remind people how great Brady is.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Warren Sapp is a good analogy. He was as brash & cocky as they come back in his day.  However, if my memory serves me correctly, he had no problem coming to the podium & manning up after a loss.

My favorite quote of his before a big game, to the opposing team: "Knuckle up homeboy, cause it's going down!"  Love that line. (I think it was a few days before a road game in Green Bay for the playoffs).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Cam went to Peyton and congratulated him. At the presser he answered the questions in a short manner then had to heard Chris Harris (I think was his name) gloating how he shut them down and didn't want to hear that.  So he left. And he doubled down yesterday when he was asked about it. He said Carolina will be back.

The optics were bad, but I can't relate to him. And he IS the guy everyone will blame. All the weight is on his shoulders. Manning had no pressure to perform really. We know he wasn't going to beat the Panthers D. So it got to him. He made a mistake. He will learn from it and work harder.

Still they need a #1 Receiver and a Right Tackle. What QB would have played great with no WR's or good OL vs that D? 

All that said, a few catches by the WR's and the Panthers win fairly easily I think.

Look at the 73 yard drive for a TD in the second quarter. Great play calling and execution on that drive. Every other drive they had major drive killers. From false starts to dropped passes etc.

Lack of execution beat them more than Denver D.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Brady won a few SB where he had next to nothing to do with it.  People seem to forget that when trying to remind people how great Brady is.

One Super Bowl, his first year as a starter against the Rams. He was 16-27 for 145 and 1 TD. He did drive them into FG range for the win and won the MVP for it. You certainly could've made a case for Vinatieri winning it that year. Brady had a very safe and smart game that day, much like Manning this year.

Two years later against the Panthers he again won MVP, setting a then Super Bowl record for most completions which he broke last year. 32-48 for 354 3 TD's 1 INT.

SB 39 - 23-33 for 236 and 2 TD's, Deion Branch won the MVP that year, but a solid game by Brady nonetheless.

SB 42 loss to the Giants - 29-48 for 266 and 1 TD

SB 46 loss to the Giants - 27-41 for 276 2 TD's 1 INT

SB 49 last year, his 3rd MVP - 37-50 for 328 4 TD's 2 INT's

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is all a team game...  So Brady played well but so did his receivers etc. one man can't win a game in football, typically. But in Basketball he Almost can.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe it was a catch after all....

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-fo … -non-catch

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

let_it_go____by_yann_x_by_yann_x-d72q3b6.jpg

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am over it. But you claimed it was not a catch. It looks more and more like it was a bad call. That is fine. Bad calls happen all the time. Just so happens the next play was a strip for the TD. Huge momentum swing.

Board footer