You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

More blacks sick of hearing about BLM and seem to agree more with Mister ID and Buzzsaw

https://www.facebook.com/theviewersview … 993017217/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I love when white people try to talk about how hard it is to be black then shame other white people that came from nothing and made it.

I came from nothing. In fact I had less than nothing. It took me years just to get to zero. So spare me.

Nobody is "shaming" anybody...just asking them to think outside their own existence, if only for a moment.

Except we all live in the same country and have the same educational system. 50% of blacks not finishing school, 70% of black fathers not being present and 12% of the population committing 52% of the murders isn't caused by actions 200 years ago. It's because blacks are raised in this country to be perpetual victims and never take ownership of their actions. We have a shared existence.

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than you do being shot by a cop.  Over 5k blacks are shot by other blacks each year. Yet none of that is part of the discussion. Just a few gang bangers who decided to fight police and got shot for it being made out to be martyrs by those who statistically don't know their father or by those who want to keep the blacks in place to keep their votes and rage.

Randall bringing the truth, there is a lot of white guilt in this thread... The BLM sympathizers are killing me.  Of the 13 million slaves that left africa for South America, the Caribbeans, and North America, 350,000 made it to the Colonies.  Of the 350,000 i think by the time 1865 came around there maybe a million or 2? All slavery is bad, but the US is treated like we are the only country to ever have slaves.  The arab Slave trade was even worse!  The US had African slaves for approximately 250 years.  But in the early 20th century millions of "whites" came from Europe and most had nothing to do with any form of Slavery.. I wonder of the US population how many are descendants are from the first settlers.  There were 10,000 Chinese Slaves brought to the US to build the railroad... I never heard about Chinese Lives Matter, lol...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Except we all live in the same country and have the same educational system. 50% of blacks not finishing school, 70% of black fathers not being present and 12% of the population committing 52% of the murders isn't caused by actions 200 years ago. It's because blacks are raised in this country to be perpetual victims and never take ownership of their actions. We have a shared existence.

Yes, we all live in the same country, but hardly the same communities or the same educational systems. Low income black (some not all) communities clearly have a self perpetuating problem, that's the whole point. Although this is hardly exclusive to blacks, I've seen plenty of poor white families unable to escape the cycle of poverty and ignorance.

Quit trying to make this such a (ahem) black/white issue. Nobody on the left (here) is claiming they are perpetual victims. Nobody here is claiming they are being picked on. That's an entirely different subject in relation to environment (in this case abject poverty, crime and violence) and the profound effect it has on human beings, especially children growing up.

I do think it's incredibly ironic that you guys aren't even capable of even contemplating a different point of view, but talk endlessly about changing-and if you could do it so can others. As if!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Could you imagine how apoplectic the GOP would be if:

The Democratic candidate's wife was foreign born with a thick accent.

Who was the third Missus, clearly a trophy wife, after the other two were traded in/cheated on.

Who then gave a speech which plagiarized two paragraphs directly from the current Republican First Lady.

Just imagine that for a moment...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

But when you compare black and white communities with similar education and poverty rates, there is still a huge disparity in crime.  At the end of the day, it comes down to personal decisions.  This is the 21st century.  Everyone knows if they stick their dick in someone without a condom, there is a high chance a baby comes out 9 months later.  People understand that a high school diploma is required to secure just about every job in this country.  You can't even join the Army without a diploma, and some jobs literally just require you to run copper wires or shoot guns at bad guys.  Not exactly the epitome of an intellectual challenge. 

Like you, I had shit growing up.  I never went hungry, but I went to public school in the poorest county in Ohio.  I still remember my 3rd grade teacher showing us slides on the overhead from the 1960s claiming Mars had vegetation that bloomed in the summer months, or school books in the mid-90s  written in the early 80s.  You don't need to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth to be successful.  But if you didn't know your father and choose to impregnate a woman and not be present when the child is born, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Until black american start making personal decisions that positively affect them and their progeny, no other laws or programs are going to have any positive effect.  A black man who was born to a single mother who practically abandoned him to go chase ethnic men while his grandparents raised him is now President of the most powerful country in the world.  Granted that is certainly an exception, but so is anyone becoming President.  But there's also a huge chasm of opportunity between selling rocks on the street and being the leader of the free world.

Randall Flagg

Cramer wrote:

Could you imagine how apoplectic the GOP would be if:

The Democratic candidate's wife was foreign born with a thick accent.

Who was the third Missus, clearly a trophy wife, after the other two were traded in/cheated on.

Who then gave a speech which plagiarized two paragraphs directly from the current Republican First Lady.

Just imagine that for a moment...

Versus the Clintons who have a marriage of convenience and still fuck around on each other?  And weren't all of Trumps wives trophy wives?  My opinion on Trump is clear, but I also think it's highly fucking unlikely someone intentionally stole Michelle Obama's speech and thought they could get away with it.  Maybe I can walk into the police station and light up a crack pipe and no one will notice either.

Didn't people accuse Ryan in 2012 of plagiarizing Cobain because he said he called his daughter "bean" when they first saw her on the ultrasound.  I guess Kurt and Courtney were the only ones to ever notice a month old fetus looks like a bean.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

More blacks sick of hearing about BLM and seem to agree more with Mister ID and Buzzsaw

https://www.facebook.com/theviewersview … 993017217/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCug1cL … oOjXyHjsxQ look at the related channels.

You do know who they are right? They play "characters" on youtube/TV for hits and money. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_and_Silk

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Didn't people accuse Ryan in 2012 of plagiarizing Cobain because he said he called his daughter "bean" when they first saw her on the ultrasound.  I guess Kurt and Courtney were the only ones to ever notice a month old fetus looks like a bean.

Cmon man.  This looks like plaguarism to me:

Obama's 2008 speech

"And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

"And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for the."

Trump's speech:

“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect.

They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

The bolded parts I highlighted are exact word for word (except for the dash part) copy of the Obama speech from 2008.

Randall Flagg

Maybe her writers did. I haven't been able to watch any of this as I'm in China for work and I have to use a VPN to access anything of use (China blocks Google) and my bandwidth is limited. But we're talking about a convention speech and rhetoric that everyone uses.  At the end of the day, who the fuck cares what Michelle Obama or Trump's wife says?  If the worst thing people can say about the convention is that Trump's wife said the same thing Michelle Obama said in 2008, the GOP is doing pretty well.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Lack of empathy?   Fuck you man. I've always said I have zero issues with welfare for those that need it. Zero. It's the lazy motherfuckers  that choose to be on welfare I have an issue with. Empathy is what creates this problem. Stop feeling sorry for them or guilty and make them work their way out instead of just giving them stuff and saying that you've helped. You haven't, but you feel good about yourself and that's all you care about.

The you in the last half is general and not directed specifically at anyone. The you in the first part is specifically aimed at someone.

Board footer