You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

PaSnow wrote:

29d7i85.jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You're right. I forgot no one could look at the stars before the Chinese. Listen to yourself. It's not like the west didn't have math. Just because we use Arabic numbers now doesn't mean there weren't other symbols for counting. Gun powder is the only contribution of note, and again, let's talk about the past thousand years.

Chinese philosophy was a joke and the Greeks had much more impact than anyone. But keep trying to avoid the issue and explain how the printing press, calculus, automobiles, computers, air travel, rockets, telephones, telegraphs, radios, television, satellites, trains, electricity, western medicine and the Internet are are all eclipsed by these grand inventions outside of Europe and America.

Without the West Africa would still be a collection of tribes, south Anericans would be sacrificing to their sun gods, Australia would have aborigines dawning war paint, Japan would have samurai China would still be nothing more than a trade stop.

That you can't acknowledge the importance and dominance of western culture really says something. But anything to get offended over.

Come on man, you know better than this. You're turning the argument upside down. No one is saying Western civilization hasn't made major contributions. Of course it has more so than other cultures, that's easy to objectively demonstrate. But saying or acknowledging that is a far cray from claiming that no other civilization has ever done anything noteworthy (which is what King is saying). It's extremely distasteful and a sign of weakness to downplay the achievements of others to feel better about yourself, and that's exactly what King was doing here. More importantly, he's using it as an excuse to justify lesser treatment of non-whites.

No, I'm calling out the nonsense that suggests any other culture has contributed anything close to western culture.  The color of your skin means dick to me and just because Newton changed the world and he and I share a similar skin pigmentation, means nothing.  Every person should be judged based on their achievements.  People who go around bragging about what a distant relative or person of similar appearance achieved are idiots.

But black people aren't treated lesser than whites.  The actual numbers and crime statistics don't support that claim.  The most well payed and highest academic achievers are Asians.  The same people who were treated just as poorly as any black slave.  Yet one group is at the top of the ladder while the other is at the bottom.  Black slaves were given citizenship after the civil war.  Look up US v Wong kim Ark to see how Chinese people were treated after that.

It's a misrepresentation of truth to say that blacks are less valued.  King didn't bring up race, the other idiot was making the tired point of the GOP being nothing but angry white people, in the larger aspect of the BLM nonsense.  King only pointed out that western society (at no time did he say white) has done more than any other culture of note.  When you're trying to claim that other groups created "surgery" or "ink", you've completely gone off the reservation. 

So the media runs with a talking point, and everyone covers their ears and pretends that western civilization isn't the basis for everything the world does today.  Again, I care what individuals do, not some larger, arbitrary group.  But if you want to go down that route, blacks contribution to this country was agriculture in the dying south.  Industrialization is what made America great, and they as a group had little or nothing to do with that.  But I'll take a million Neil Degrasse Tyson's over a million Willie Robertson's any day of the week.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol. Ole Barack was Melania before Melania was Melania

https://www.facebook.com/molonlabeind/v … 970958082/

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol. Ole Barack was Melania before Melania was Melania

https://www.facebook.com/molonlabeind/v … 970958082/

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog … a-patrick/

Not even close.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This view alone should disqualify anyone from being president.

https://twitter.com/neil_irwin/status/755956574141624320

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

I agree about the first part.

The second part is for show.  He would help.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

How terrible that an American Presidential candidate believe the interest of the United States should come before anything else.  The HORROR!  I mean the ABSOLUTE HORROR! 

I also liked the parts where they said the Obama administration has also come to the same conclusions as Trump, they're just not publicizing it.  If you think American lives and livelihood should be treated as equal to 3rd world peasants who can't speak a word of english and think it's okay to rape and assault people, we're not really having a realistic discussion.  But if you want to risk your life for the happiness and security of nations you couldn't pick out on a map without google, head to your recruiting station and sign up.  McDonalds will have a new fry cook within the hour.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Polling averages in swing states. I listed numbers as Hillary/Trump

Michigan 43/37
Iowa 42/38
Ohio 42/41 (Latest 44/40)
Co 44/36
Fl 44/41 (Latest Fl poll was 44/37)
NC 45/42 (Latest poll was 44/38)
VA 42/37
PA 45/40 (Latest was 45/36)
Wisc 45/38
NV 45/44 (Latest 45/41)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

From 270 to win, based on current polling data. As I suspected Hillary has roughly 240 EVs walking in the door. Notice Trump's weak numbers in otherwise deep red states.

2dmgt2e.png

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

How terrible that an American Presidential candidate believe the interest of the United States should come before anything else.  The HORROR!  I mean the ABSOLUTE HORROR! 

I also liked the parts where they said the Obama administration has also come to the same conclusions as Trump, they're just not publicizing it.  If you think American lives and livelihood should be treated as equal to 3rd world peasants who can't speak a word of english and think it's okay to rape and assault people, we're not really having a realistic discussion.  But if you want to risk your life for the happiness and security of nations you couldn't pick out on a map without google, head to your recruiting station and sign up.  McDonalds will have a new fry cook within the hour.

Edited. Don't want the fight, honestly. We're all grown-ass adults. We are all doing what we think is best for ourselves and our world.

Politics is a terrible thing to argue over, as we are all pawns to politicians anyway.

(I just read the health scare thread and was inspired)

Vote for who represents your ideals and worldview. Like Cruz said, vote your conscience.

Board footer