You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

polluxlm wrote:

Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It's an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.

Donors who were granted time with Clinton included an internationally known economist who asked for her help as the Bangladesh government pressured him to resign from a nonprofit bank he ran; a Wall Street executive who sought Clinton's help with a visa problem; and Estee Lauder executives who were listed as meeting with Clinton while her department worked with the firm's corporate charity to counter gender-based violence in South Africa.

The meetings between the Democratic presidential nominee and foundation donors do not appear to violate legal agreements Clinton and former president Bill Clinton signed before she joined the State Department in 2009. But the frequency of the overlaps shows the intermingling of access and donations, and fuels perceptions that giving the foundation money was a price of admission for face time with Clinton. Her calendars and emails released as recently as this week describe scores of contacts she and her top aides had with foundation donors.

The AP's findings represent the first systematic effort to calculate the scope of the intersecting interests of Clinton Foundation donors and people who met personally with Clinton or spoke to her by phone about their needs.

The 154 did not include U.S. federal employees or foreign government representatives. Clinton met with representatives of at least 16 foreign governments that donated as much as $170 million to the Clinton charity, but they were not included in AP's calculations because such meetings would presumably have been part of her diplomatic duties.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-donors- … ction.html

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Gary Johnson live on CNN right now.

He was on there for a good while, mostly responding to questions about Trump, Clinton. He had no kind words for Trump, for sure.

Talked about chance of getting into debates. He said their polling has them moving up, and other polls show that. Latest has him at 12% national. That's good. Close to what's needed for debates.

Not sure Gary is too keen to debate Trump. At least he shouldn't be. Not many have walked away from it unscathed.

Are you going for him in the general? I like his weed policies...

I think so. If I lived in a state that was close between Trump-Clinton, I might vote Clinton, but in Illinois, there's no chance it will be close.

Yeah, Johnson's stance on pot and the war on drugs in general is spot-on. The war on drugs has been the costliest mistake ever for the U.S., it has led to the skyrocketing prison population, which is a terrible burden on taxpayers, it has created the racial problems we are seeing between police and blacks, it has made criminals out of ordinary folks who just want to get high in a way that is SAFER than alcohol, it has kept the U.S. from researching the medical benefits of pot, and on and on.

He  also has a common-sense immigration stance, wants to cut military spending, supports gay marriage, supports term limits, supports gun rights but sees that current gun laws aren't working.

There's a lot to like, and he is not awash in controversies. I have real problems with Hillary's baggage. I have bigger problem's with Trump's views.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There's a lot to like, and he is not awash in controversies. I have real problems with Hillary's baggage. I have bigger problem's with Trump's views.

It's interesting, if ever there was a moment I've thought about truth in the 'Illuminati' conspiracy, it's been this election.  Which is odd because it's just soo bizarre.  Yet I feel 'they' are just forcing Clinton onto us. Especially since no legit 3rd party candidate.

I know Clinton has close tied to the cable & pharma companies (meds).  They must have won out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie had more people at rallies than anyone and was behind Hillary by millions in actual votes.

Trump will get more people out to vote for Hillary than anyone.

There's a general unhappiness with the do nothing obstructionist house and senate. We'll see how those races go... Those races were going to be difficult without Trump. And listening to local GOP ads for the house where it's solely on who is more Christian, anyone who votes for these chumps deserve to lose everything and have no room to complain. Makes me so ashamed of my Southern people for how gullible, selfish, stubborn, spiteful and ignorant they can be. They fall for snake oil salesman and a New York carpet bagger who admits he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he wants. Christ, it's embarrassing.

Millions or 5%, depends on how you look at it. Impressive campaign by Sanders you ask me.

But as I said, rallies are only one indicator. Trump is reaching voters Hillary never will. All he really needs to do is stump the anti vote by acting more Presidential in the coming months. Don't forget, Hillary is one of the worst candidates ever too.

She beat him by nearly 4 million votes....

There are a lot of votes she wouldn't want to reach. Why would Hillary want votes from white nationalists and conspiracy nuts?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie had more people at rallies than anyone and was behind Hillary by millions in actual votes.

There's a general unhappiness with the do nothing obstructionist house and senate. We'll see how those races go... Those races were going to be difficult without Trump. And listening to local GOP ads for the house where it's solely on who is more Christian, anyone who votes for these chumps deserve to lose everything and have no room to complain. Makes me so ashamed of my Southern people for how gullible, selfish, stubborn, spiteful and ignorant they can be. They fall for snake oil salesman and a New York carpet bagger who admits he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he wants. Christ, it's embarrassing.

Millions or 5%, depends on how you look at it. Impressive campaign by Sanders you ask me.

But as I said, rallies are only one indicator. Trump is reaching voters Hillary never will. All he really needs to do is stump the anti vote by acting more Presidential in the coming months. Don't forget, Hillary is one of the worst candidates ever too.

There are a lot of votes she wouldn't want to reach. Why would Hillary want votes from white nationalists and conspiracy nuts?

That's still just 55/45.

She does want them from felons and illegals, so I'm not sure that assumption is going to fly. Hillary will take any vote she can get, as would they all.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

So it's cool she is appealing to black nationalist?  Why else would she trot out Michael Brown's mother during the convention?  Is it cool she had the father of the Orlando Shooter front and center at her rally in Florida?  Trump has to disavow comments from David Duke whom he's never met nor supported, yet Hillary can bring out the mother of an attempted cop killer and the father of the guy who killed 50 gay people (while personally saying Allah will handle the gays).  What kind of fucked up world do we live in where people see Clinton as the candidate of sanity and inclusiveness.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Don't forget this guy:

Hidden Text:

11.jpg

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's interesting, if ever there was a moment I've thought about truth in the 'Illuminati' conspiracy, it's been this election.  Which is odd because it's just soo bizarre.  Yet I feel 'they' are just forcing Clinton onto us. Especially since no legit 3rd party candidate.

I know Clinton has close tied to the cable & pharma companies (meds).  They must have won out.

The unique thing about the media's behavior this time is that they are dealing with a Presidential candidate who seems to be made of teflon. Usually when they circle someone out they immediately get their kill. The victim lose what position they had and disappear from public sight. That's the power in controlling information and public perception.

With Trump however they not only failed to take him out, they propelled him to success. Now they don't know what to do, and they are getting desperate. In effect they are being forced to show their hand, and a lot of people are watching.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Robert Byrd doesn't count because he completely destroys the liberal talking point that Democrats stopped being racist in the 1960s and the GOP suddenly became the party of racists.  I guess yelling "get the welfare check" instead of "get the rope" is a significant leap forward for a party built on judging and treating people based entirely on their skin color, their gender or sexual preferences.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

So it's cool she is appealing to black nationalist?  Why else would she trot out Michael Brown's mother during the convention?  Is it cool she had the father of the Orlando Shooter front and center at her rally in Florida?  Trump has to disavow comments from David Duke whom he's never met nor supported, yet Hillary can bring out the mother of an attempted cop killer and the father of the guy who killed 50 gay people (while personally saying Allah will handle the gays).  What kind of fucked up world do we live in where people see Clinton as the candidate of sanity and inclusiveness.

Michael Brown's mother is connected to black nationalists? Those mothers wanted to speak with both candidates, guess who did and who didn't? And the deal about her supporting the terrorist father is absolutely pathetic. I'm not mentioning Trump getting support/money/advice from the old Florida senator who was kicked out of office for sexually harrassing and trying to pressure his young male pages into letting him fuck them. Is Trump trying to appeal to the gay pedophile demographic? That's fucking stupid. Trump is still using white supremacist quotes in his ads. And I'm not big on liberals, but mentioning Robert Byrd is scraping the bottom of the fuckin barrel, so if that's all you got...hilarious. Who's getting the white supremacist support? Show me where Hillary is being endorsed by black nationalists.

Board footer