You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable HBO film about Trump's campaign. That will be hilarious.

Yeah, definitely.  I look forward to the part where they explain how they spent more on hats this month than ground operations.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable HBO film about Trump's campaign. That will be hilarious.

There was a fantastic book about the 2008 election named "Game Change." What a killer read, just fascinating. I hope there is one about the inner workings of both campaigns this time, but more in particular Trump's. I'm sure it's going to be a juicy read. The inside scoop on Palin was terrifying, especially when you read that McCain's chief strategist, Stever Schmidt, later admitted that Palin "knew absolutely nothing" and her participation alone was reckless for this country.

Gotta love this tweet, can't remember if I posted it already...

10okuur.png

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

There was a fantastic book about the 2008 election named "Game Change." What a killer read, just fascinating. I hope there is one about the inner workings of both campaigns this time, but more in particular Trump's. I'm sure it's going to be a juicy read. The inside scoop on Palin was terrifying, especially when you read that McCain's chief strategist, Stever Schmidt, later admitted that Palin "knew absolutely nothing" and her participation alone was reckless for this country.

Gotta love this tweet, can't remember if I posted it already...

http://i65.tinypic.com/10okuur.png

Lol who the fuck is Bill MItchell? I think I met him once....he's a realtor right? or a used car salesman?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lol who the fuck is Bill MItchell? I think I met him once....he's a realtor right? or a used car salesman?

haha, my boss said he can give you this price...but only today.

If I recall he's a right wing radio talk guy. His latest tweet is about Hillary having a coughing fit...so real gravitas and depth to his subject matter as you may imagine.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Trump aint winning shit. I know some compare his rise to Hitler(why? He's not a trillionth as smart as Hitler) but he simply doesn't know anything about campaigning. Yeah he had that whole outsider thing going for him initially but that's over now and he never captialized off of it.

Florida is a key state...has been for eons.

Field offices in FLA....

Hillary-52
Trump-1

Yes...one.

In other words, he has no support and clearly wants none. It's all a show.

Game over.

I initially laughed at the landslide shit but you can now throw me into that column. LIke Cramer said, these polls are secondary and EVs all that matter and Hillary is gonna dance across the finish line before the race is even over.

Not gonna predict the level of landslide as Reagan era landslides aint happening but I think it will be over long before polls close on the west coast.

He's like this with many things. For instance debate prep...not doing it in a traditional sense. He's not holding mock debates. He's simply hanging out with advisers and going over zingers.

Say what you want about Clinton, but she did that 12 hour Benghazi hearing standing on her head and came out the winner. How in the world can Trump go into this without doing his homework? He bullshitted his way through a weak field of GOP candidates, riding a wave of anti-establishment sentiment. That's not going to work this go-around. Much like his ground game isn't getting it this time around.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

WaPo did a 50-state poll, biggest so far.

The biggest shocker is Hillary is LEADING in Texas. It's a joint Wapo/Survey Monkey poll. Survey Monkey has 0 bias according to Real Clear, and Wapo leans Dems by .6.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … ge%2Fstory

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

WaPo did a 50-state poll, biggest so far.

The biggest shocker is Hillary is LEADING in Texas. It's a joint Wapo/Survey Monkey poll. Survey Monkey has 0 bias according to Real Clear, and Wapo leans Dems by .6.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … ge%2Fstory

The Dallas newspaper which always endorses a Republican, came out with a rather scathing article today against Trump as well. They are not endorsing Trump, and do not consider him a conservative.

I'd imagine that this is an outlier poll, unless we see this a few more times. Let me go read that article...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Texas and Mississsippi will go for Trump. Damn you guys love some Rachel Maddow.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Texas and Mississsippi will go for Trump. Damn you guys love some Rachel Maddow.

I'll watch Rachel and I like her...pretty much. But there's only so much I can take. She has left me boiling many, many nights and I don't watch her as much as I used to. There's just so much friggin holier than thou bullshit I can take, and is completely blinded by her own sanctimonious, out of touch, anti white male ideology. She's like the bizzaro version of S E Coup.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I'll watch Rachel and I like her...pretty much. But there's only so much I can take. She has left me boiling many, many nights and I don't watch her as much as I used to. There's just so much friggin holier than thou bullshit I can take, and is completely blinded by her own sanctimonious, out of touch, anti white male ideology. She's like the bizzaro version of S E Coup.

I agree. She is highly intelligent thought. But I hate her opening segment 20 minute monologue. Not everything needs that drawn out story. Get to the point woman. Would love to see her and Megyn Kelley go at it.

Board footer