You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Maddow is super smart and she can have some great analysis. On the other hand because she's so intelligent I get irritated when I feel she's being disingenuous or cheap in her delivery. No excuse then because she clearly knows what she is doing.

Have you guys seen her HS picture?

29elvsk.jpg

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Would love to see her and Megyn Kelley go at it.

Interpret that however you'd like...

Speaking of smart and successful women...Gretchen Carlson settled with Fox News today for 20 MILLION dollars. They settled that really fast IMO. Which says to me she must have had some video or audio of Ailes. That's a fuck ton of money for a settlement!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Texas and Mississsippi will go for Trump. Damn you guys love some Rachel Maddow.

Of course they will. But to be close is the story.

And I really detest Rachel Maddow. Haven't watched in years--and I only sampled a couple shows. I just ... don't like her. Is she even on a major network anymore?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Texas and Mississsippi will go for Trump. Damn you guys love some Rachel Maddow.

And I really detest Rachel Maddow. Haven't watched in years--and I only sampled a couple shows. I just ... don't like her. Is she even on a major network anymore?

Yes, she has the prime time slot on MSNBC and she goes up Megyn Kelley.

The dumbest person on any of the cable channels by far is Joy Reid. She can make Martin Luther King appear racist if she tried hard enough. She is horrible.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, she has the prime time slot on MSNBC and she goes up Megyn Kelley.

The dumbest person on any of the cable channels by far is Joy Reid. She can make Martin Luther King appear racist if she tried hard enough. She is horrible.

Agree about Joy Reid. Her show was canceled before the first year was finished... So of course they gave her another show! But, it is on the death slot nobody watches. Olberman was the worst. He never brought anyone on his show who had a differing opinion because he was a complete pussy who couldn't debate. I saw both Bill Maher and Howard Dean virtually make him crawl under his desk when they pushed back on something he said. Joe Scarborough laughed at him when he tried to insult him and Chris Mathews treated him like a red headed stepchild on live TV. That was funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if MSNBC doesn't make a big play for Kelly; she wants off Fox and O'Reilly is trying to push her out. MSNBC is trying to become less left leaning and she's a conservative that would fit the channel. They should really have made an offer to Jon Stewart.

Maher is still my favorite. I actually liked Dennis Miller's HBO show before he inexplicably became a right wing nutcase. That was weird. Supposedly he snapped after 9/11. He had a great show, what a shame.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I can't see Kelly going to MSNBC.  Her ratings would be 1/5 of what they are on Fox.  Maybe CNN, its ratings are increasing and CNN has a lot of objective reporters like Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer.   Though Kelly went after Clinton last night in the latest reveal of how Clinton had her server wiped and phones destroyed after the information was subpoenaed.  And that she was the only witness interviewed by the FBI that no transcript is available for and that the director made comments that Hillary's testimony never factored in to his decision to seek charges.  If you understand how classification works, how computers works, I don't see how you can come away from this with any other opinion than Obama/Lynch influenced the FBI to sweep this under the rug.  Any normal person would be serving time for what they did.  I don't see other networks covering stuff like that, so I don't know why she'd leave Fox.  Ailes is out, and besides O'Reilly, she's their biggest star.  Short of her being offered a lead anchor spot, I don't see why she'd give up her gig at Fox.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I also can't see Kelly going to MSNBC.  HOWEVER, Comcast/NBC definitely has the money to sway her (then again, they all do), and they could give her a prime NBC show on Sunday Mornings somewhere, maybe Meet The Press or give her an earlier show. Pimp her out onto the SNF Pregame show like Erin Andrews.

I see CNN being the likely contender. Not sure she'll leave, I wasn't aware she might.  If Fox is smart they'll give her a Sunday morning show & use her a bit more on Fox TV in addition to cable. (Although not sure how tied together they still are, or if the cable channel was sold off or seperated at some point)

misterID

misterID wrote:

CNN doesn't have the money uni does, and CNN is a schedule mess. Uni would give her a huge deal and open her up to a younger audience, with no telling what other perks she'd get. Plus, she would come in with some sway. Fox anchors don't have a good track record on CNN... Paula Zahn for example. Rumor has it she HATES Fox/the people behind the scenes. MSNBC is looking for a more balanced look. Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell are most likely on their way out, so a shake up is coming. Probably waiting for a superstar signing. I could easily see her getting the 8 PM slot, if not Meet The Press, also. Brian Williams has been fantastic, BTW.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, she is hot as fuck but annoys the shit out of me but God I would make love to her forever

misterID

misterID wrote:

Oh man, I want SE Cupp so bad. Even though I'd probably want to punch her.

maxresdefault.jpg

Board footer