You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

More people died in the slave trade than the Holocaust. It lasted for 400 years. Torture and rape was the norm. Black communities are still behind the eight ball from slavery then segregation. And your service does not mean that your opinion means more than anyone elses. Yeah, we all pay taxes, so what? You weren't drafted, you joined, there was a war, you went. Thank you for your service. Your opinion is still completely jaded and wrong. And you're the only one who makes six figures? Come on, that's Bush league.

Yes, black communities should get special treatment. I didn't say they should be given money, because that would be a disaster. Free private schools, free day care and free college. Plus, redevelopment of these communities... All of which would require heavy police presence and intervention, ironically enough. And no more redistricting to try and strip away their voting power.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

More people died in the slave trade than the Holocaust. It lasted for 400 years. Torture and rape was the norm. Black communities are still behind the eight ball from slavery then segregation. And your service does not mean that your opinion means more than anyone elses. Yeah, we all pay taxes, so what? You weren't drafted, you joined, there was a war, you went. Thank you for your service. Your opinion is still completely jaded and wrong. And you're the only one who makes six figures? Come on, that's Bush league.

Yes, black communities should get special treatment. I didn't say they should be given money, because that would be a disaster. Free private schools, free day care and free college. Plus, redevelopment of these communities... All of which would require heavy police presence and intervention, ironically enough. And no more redistricting to try and strip away their voting power.

Most of the slaves didn't even come to the US... I think Brazil got most of them, (I could be wrong)...

The current black communities are actually helped most by White Churches that go in and try to help those that can't help themselves.  Churches in America still do a great deal of good with the poor.  The Catholic Church and its schools has literally saved hundreds of thousands if not millions when including their kids, from a lives of being hungry and poor and drugs.

All that said, a black kid born in 2016 that goes to an all white school will probably turn out great.  A black kid born in the ghetto will likely be like his parents, etc, with excpetion (if he gets to that private, catholic school, etc)....  I don't have the answer, but getting them out of the ghetto would be the biggest thing.  Maybe every church adopt one family and start that way.... This takes some burden off of the gov't and also gives them a better show.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Hajis just set off bombs in NYC and NJ and now they've stabbed people in Minnesota.  Now remember Clinton is the one who wants to follow Merkel by bringing in 100k of these savages.  Do you still wonder why Drumpf's support is swelling?

Well this got horribly racist  really quick. Savages? "Hajis"?  Anyone who wants to label a bunch of refugees who've had their homes destroyed as savages is the real savage.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Most of the slaves didn't even come to the US... I think Brazil got most of them, (I could be wrong)...

The current black communities are actually helped most by White Churches that go in and try to help those that can't help themselves.  Churches in America still do a great deal of good with the poor.  The Catholic Church and its schools has literally saved hundreds of thousands if not millions when including their kids, from a lives of being hungry and poor and drugs.

All that said, a black kid born in 2016 that goes to an all white school will probably turn out great.  A black kid born in the ghetto will likely be like his parents, etc, with excpetion (if he gets to that private, catholic school, etc)....  I don't have the answer, but getting them out of the ghetto would be the biggest thing.  Maybe every church adopt one family and start that way.... This takes some burden off of the gov't and also gives them a better show.

What???? I'm talking about the slaves and treatment of blacks IN THIS COUNTRY And the repercussions. It is not the Church's responsibility, which is a typical right wing answer and is very disappointing to hear from you, and Church charities in mass still does not have the resources to do what you're saying, they work on a severely tiny scale. And they can't make policy.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

What???? I'm talking about the slaves and treatment of blacks IN THIS COUNTRY And the repercussions. It is not the Church's responsibility, which is a typical right wing answer and is very disappointing to hear from you, and Church charities in mass still does not have the resources to do what you're saying, they work on a severely tiny scale. And they can't make policy.

My point was they do some good. The government just throws more money after bad money. You need both. Why do the Mexicans come here illegally with no money seem to be able to adapt financially so easy? Some of this is the "culture" as well. Millions of years you have Africans living in tribes and I guess it takes more than a a few hundred years to change the culture?!? But then I look all the successful African Americans that some how "made it" and it blows that theory out of the water.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why do the Dems sound so stupid acting confused as to who set the bombs when it is such a high probability it is a radical Muslim and also they act like Minnesota, NJ and New York are not connected. Like we all know but they scared to say. Granted, we don't know "all" the details. But more likely than not it is Radical Muslims, again.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My point was they do some good. The government just throws more money after bad money. You need both. Why do the Mexicans come here illegally with no money seem to be able to adapt financially so easy? Some of this is the "culture" as well. Millions of years you have Africans living in tribes and I guess it takes more than a a few hundred years to change the culture?!? But then I look all the successful African Americans that some how "made it" and it blows that theory out of the water.

Mexicans "make it" because there is a specific group of business men who hire illegal immigrants specifically for cheap labor, no insurance, no libal, no workers comp and NO benefits, not because Mexicans are harder workers, more adept than Americans, nor are they doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they're allowed to do what they want to do to their employees that they can't do by law to do American workers. That is some world class O'Reilly spin and distortion right there!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mexicans "make it" because there is a specific group of business men who hire illegal immigrants specifically for cheap labor, no insurance, no libal, no workers comp and NO benefits, not because Mexicans are harder workers, more adept than Americans, nor are they doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but because they're allowed to do what they want to do to their employees that they can't do by law to do American workers. That is some world class O'Reilly spin and distortion right there!!

Sounds like it would be better to pay the poor $15 per hour cash or 1099 vs W2 where their take home pay is more like $6 per hour. I rather them get more take home money than worry about Social Security taxes at this point. If you can get a Mexican worker for less than $10 per hour I would be shocked.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Hajis just set off bombs in NYC and NJ and now they've stabbed people in Minnesota.  Now remember Clinton is the one who wants to follow Merkel by bringing in 100k of these savages.  Do you still wonder why Drumpf's support is swelling?

Well this got horribly racist  really quick. Savages? "Hajis"?  Anyone who wants to label a bunch of refugees who've had their homes destroyed as savages is the real savage.

Haji isn't a racist term. Or I guess every single American soldier is a racist. And they are savages. Look at their literacy rates and beliefs compared to the west. I don't want them in my back yard, but I take it since you're no savage you're willing to open your home to them.

Always someone else has to sacrifice for your morals. Never require anything on your part.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

A large portion of the people from that part of the world do have some savage like tendencies.

Mass child rape
Selling of children
Raping of women
Stoning of women

This is way too common. When we invaded Iraq we let the Kurds go in first. Then we came in with tanks and bulldozers. They women would come out and offer their children and shit as they tried to protect the terrorists. As the bulldozer inched closer the would soon rat out the enemy. Syria however I assumed was more advanced and civilized than much of Iraq. I only know what soldiers have told me.

Board footer