You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

bigbri wrote:

There are 1.2M Cuban Americans in Florida. A good number of them are not happy with Donald Trump today. He's got a problem.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

War makes rich people richer. Nobody is going to launch nukes because Donald has heartburn. He's a douche for sure, but so is Hillary yet the establishment loves her. It's all a bunch of bullshit meant to scare the weak minded and it appears to be working just fine.

Instead of throwing out non-sequiturs & insults, labelling people weak minded, how about you debunk the legitimate grievances raised in that eloquent USA Today editorial??

Because 200+ pages shows none of you are interested at all in anything other than trump sucks.  You repeat the same garbage over and over and gang up on anyone that dares to disagree. I completely get disliking trump. I do.  BUT if you're blasting him and following that with nothing about how bad Hillary is, you're just not interested in an honest discussion about the state of things. Why should I waste my time and energy on that?  Because you want me to?  No thanks.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There are 1.2M Cuban Americans in Florida. A good number of them are not happy with Donald Trump today. He's got a problem.

Hilary violated many state department rules/laws/ethics... And got NOTHING. Same will happen here, especially since it is 20 years ago.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hilary violated many state department rules/laws/ethics... And got NOTHING. Same will happen here, especially since it is 20 years ago.

I think there are Cuban Americans who won't support him because of this. Florida's Cuban population usually supports GOP. This year it's closer. Turning off that bloc in Florida is not gonna help him in that close state.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think there are Cuban Americans who won't support him because of this. Florida's Cuban population usually supports GOP. This year it's closer. Turning off that bloc in Florida is not gonna help him in that close state.

By that logic they're going to hate Hillary because Obama has opened diplomatic ties with Cuba.  Either they hate their home country and anything that keeps it afloat or they don't. 

I'm really at the point of not caring.  The world is going to shit as progressives open our borders to 3rd world peasants with no interest in adapting to western customs and norms.  We have the most corrupt candidate in US history running for President and a fucking blow hard with the temperament of a Chihuahua.  We spend all of our time pointing out how bad the other candidate is rather than explain why we support our candidate of choice.  All but one Senator overrode the 9/11 veto which is universally retarded and will allow any moronic judge and jury to award damages against a sovereign country with no thought to the damage to international relations.  This says nothing to the flood gates of lawsuits filed by equally retarded foreign judges and juries against the US.  This is one issue I strongly agree with Obama on, and our Senate ignored reality to score points at home.   

At least I'm well armed and know how to survive on my own if things go to shit.  All the city folks who rely on whole foods are gonna be fucked though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How embarrassing is it for Hillary that she can't put away Trump... It is because she is so flawed Trump is close.  He worries about the dumbest shit.

It really shouldn't be this close, and I personally think it has to do with the Bernie effect and the democratic shift to the left, which Hillary is VERY uncomfortable with. They need blue collar white men and democrats have got to cater to the demographic that actually votes and props up the economy. Stop making them the enemy.

Oh, Cubans hold a grudge. Big time. If Republicans can't get Florida Cubans to vote they're in trouble.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Because 200+ pages shows none of you are interested at all in anything other than trump sucks.  You repeat the same garbage over and over and gang up on anyone that dares to disagree. I completely get disliking trump. I do.  BUT if you're blasting him and following that with nothing about how bad Hillary is, you're just not interested in an honest discussion about the state of things. Why should I waste my time and energy on that?  Because you want me to?  No thanks.

Nobody here is under any obligation to present a balanced argument for you. You're welcome to use that as a dodge, but don't expect anybody to go along with it.

That said, plenty of left leaning posters have pointed out their grievances with Clinton.

Equating the two however is false equivalency. They are not even remotely the same.

You're immediate reaction to the USA Today article was to dismiss it and claim it was an establishment pushing back against and outsider. It appears you are a Trump apologist more than anything.

Trump is one of the most dangerous men to have ever run for POTUS in my lifetime. This is no exaggeration. The idea of him in the Oval Office is terrifying to many. Nobody is "repeating the same garbage" especially since he does something new almost every day. He leaves us with a never ending stream of antics to be concerned about.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Same thing every day huh? Anybody who supports this guy has clearly checked their morals at the door.

Yesterday was a magical day in politics if you're one of those people that recognizes the clear and present danger that Donald J. Trump represents for the American people. Here are some things that happened JUST YESTERDAY for Donald Trump's campaign:

It was discovered by the Washington Post that the Trump Foundation did not have the correct paperwork to legally be a charity and you know, raise money from people.
Newsweek reported that Trump's company secretly did business in Cuba in violation of the embargo.
The Los Angeles Times reported that Trump told managers at his California golf club to fire hostesses that Trump found unattractive.
In the middle night, reportedly against the wishes of his campaign managers, he went on a xenophobic, racist, and sexist tirade on Twitter.

THAT WAS ALL JUST YESTERDAY. And yet the beat goes on, because his campaign feels like Michael Myers at this point. So, imagine my delight when I saw these scathing anti-Trump ads. They are so affecting that part of me—albeit probably a delusional part of me—believes that maybe, just maybe they might actually be able to sway some hearts and minds. The ads tell different stories of Americans whom Trump refused to pay for work that they did:

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-is … a-meltdown

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody here is under any obligation to present a balanced argument for you. You're welcome to use that as a dodge, but don't expect anybody to go along with it.

That said, plenty of left leaning posters have pointed out their grievances with Clinton.

Equating the two however is false equivalency. They are not even remotely the same.

You're immediate reaction to the USA Today article was to dismiss it and claim it was an establishment pushing back against and outsider. It appears you are a Trump apologist more than anything.

Trump is one of the most dangerous men to have ever run for POTUS in my lifetime. This is no exaggeration. The idea of him in the Oval Office is terrifying to many. Nobody is "repeating the same garbage" especially since he does something new almost every day. He leaves us with a never ending stream of antics to be concerned about.

Your ignorance is showing.  I don't support Trump, nor am I voting for him.  I don't condone what he says or does. 

You have no idea how terrifying the thought of Clinton in the White House is.  Anyone that claims it's terrifying is automatically dismissed.  Trump may be the worst man to run for POTUS in your lifetime.  She is the worst PERSON to run for President in my lifetime.  She's in the pockets of the establishment and says whatever she needs to say to get elected knowing she's lying her ass off.  All the shit you can say about Trump you can say about her except she's more guarded about running her mouth publicly.  That's it.  Privately she's proven she's just as cunning and manipulative as anyone out there.  She was anti-gay marriage until she realized there was a political advantage to be gained.  She has no respect for herself, much less other women based on decisions she's made in her personal life.  She failed miserably in Benghazi and has next to no accomplishments in foreign affairs herself.  She's a power hungry person that is only consumed by getting more power.  You guys mean nothing to her.  She's not looking out for you at all.

But all of that is okay because she's not Trump.  That's literally what you guys say.  We all know why it's all you say too...there is nothing going for her.  More failed policies.  More spending passed on to future generations.  You guys amaze me.  Fuck Gary Johnson because he personally doesn't have enough foreign policy knowledge or thinks that climate change is being way overblown for profit by the Dems, but you have no issue with Clinton's foreign failure or kicking the spending can down the road to those future generations Johnson thinks will get swallowed by the sun.  At the rate we're spending, they might be better off if the sun swallows the earth than dealing with the financial burden you guys are more then happy to dump on them.  He's a fucking idiot for "trying to ruin their future", but you guys burying them financially is a-ok. 

So no, you're under no obligation to be balanced, but you have to understand that is why nobody listens to you guys but yourselves.  It's pointless.  You're so clueless about everything and there's no way in the world to have any respect for anything you say when you're so one-sided.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You really need to do some presidential history. You just described our best presidents, like FDR. If she scares you because she's politically ambitious, cold, driven, slick, cunning, power hungry and... She was against gay marriage before she was for it... You should stay completely away from politics.

Anyone remember this same stuff being said about Obama?? That he'd take everyones guns and America would cease to exist, and possibly the world would end?

Board footer