You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

James wrote:

Yeah as Trump would say.... Today is going to be Huuuuuuuuuge.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Because there's nothing to vote for. 8 different parties all promising to fuck me. I'm not supporting that, no way. 

If they had counted blank votes I would, to show my dissatisfaction, but they're not doing that.

Fuck me you're wild pernickity! 8 freakin options & not one you can agree on? Imagine if you lived in a a 2 party state like the yanks.
8 freakin parties & you still can't get off your arse?! 16
They do count blank votes. Or if they don't your country is outta whack. Maybe you should stand for election! Even if they don't count them you still get to write rude messages on them for the benefit of the guys counting them wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Why don't you vote?

I always vote, even if it's just to spoil my ballot. Seems a bit rich all this talk then people don't even express themselves when it comes down to it. That vote has a lot of weight & history behind it. You're doing a disservice not utilising your voice in the process. All this talk around the matter but you go missing when it actually comes time for action looks like to me.

Because there's nothing to vote for. 8 different parties all promising to fuck me. I'm not supporting that, no way. 

If they had counted blank votes I would, to show my dissatisfaction, but they're not doing that.

Pollux, I see your position. John, he doesn't support any of the 8. None of the 8 address his issues. He feels he is fucked no matter what. That is a fucking shame. Pollux, I will welcome you to the US of A!  You can symbolically stand behind Trump Kasich ticket.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Geeez, if he wins really big today it's over.  Not even the rumored Koch brothers funded Mitt Romney entrance will stand a chance. Tonight is gonna be an interesting night.

James

James wrote:

It's historic. We're going to find out in hours whether or not he's going all the way or he's about to crash and burn.

One funny thing is how we keep hearing how everyone is sick of him yet every time they say that, his poll numbers rise. If people don't stop saying that, on Nov. 8th he'll have  100% of the votes.

I've said it before but a lot of people don't seem to realize that this isn't a normal election. The public is waking up and is ready for real change.

The establishment is fucked. These people have ruined this country long enough.

Time to step aside...

James

James wrote:

National polls updated 16 minutes ago....

Donald Trump 42.4%
  Ted Cruz 17.5%
  Marco Rubio 17.5%
  Ben Carson 8.5%
  John Kasich 6.8%

-------------

Hillary Clinton 51.7%
  Bernie Sanders 37.8%

Its Trump vs Hillary. I like Kasich and I like Sanders to the extent he wont sellout but everyone except the two big dogs need to drop out. Money is simply being wasted at this point. You're not beating him no matter how much corporate tit gets sucked.

I cant wait to see Sanders poll numbers tonight. If he doesn't score major upsets...get out.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think Sanders may stay in for a little while longer, but he's not going to get dirty or try too hard to win, just more like stick around & get his message out, and appease his supporters. I do think it's over for him tho.

Republicans tho, yeah, hard as it is to admit it I think Trump might win this thing tonight. Which would be comical. Geez. You are right about the more time that goes on the more support he has.  TBH when he made that comment about McCain months ago (September?) I thought he was toast. If not then, soon enough.  What happened?? He soared as time went on & has hardly looked back. He took down the big dog Jeb Bush with hardly breaking a sweat. Cruz & Rubio have lingered with a narrow chance of putting up a fight, but that door might close today. March 1st??

One thing I'll say about Rubio, if I had to choose one to be my neighbor or co-worker, I think I'd choose him. Too bad he didn't play that angle. He is probably the most likeable of the group, politics aside. Even with Jeb & Christie in the mix. Jeb might be ok, sorta has that annoying rich guy prep school mentality to him tho, which would wear on me pretty quick.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Fuck me you're wild pernickity! 8 freakin options & not one you can agree on? Imagine if you lived in a a 2 party state like the yanks.
8 freakin parties & you still can't get off your arse?! 16
They do count blank votes. Or if they don't your country is outta whack. Maybe you should stand for election! Even if they don't count them you still get to write rude messages on them for the benefit of the guys counting them wink

I came close last year, but right before the election I was dragged into a van and sodomized by suit wearing persons. 18

Not about pernickity. They all adhere to some central and unacceptable policies which I can not get behind. Figuratively speaking it would be like asking me to endorse a pedophile.

I guess my country is out of whack. They just throw them in the bin. Me elected? I'd be massacred in the tabloids. Your suggestion about the rude messages is tempting though. We north men have a lot to learn from you when it comes to remedying misery. Where we just turn to drink, you make sure to get in a punch and a laugh as well.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pollux, I see your position. John, he doesn't support any of the 8. None of the 8 address his issues. He feels he is fucked no matter what. That is a fucking shame. Pollux, I will welcome you to the US of A!  You can symbolically stand behind Trump Kasich ticket.

Thanks. If Trump wins and isn't just another empty suit I might. Haven't been since I was a kid, and that was just Florida and a flight change in Jersey.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
TheMole wrote:

John Oliver, spot on, as usual...

Very spot on. Better put than anyone. And if anyone really really is backing Trump, before you do spare yourself 20 minutes and give it a watch - hell even if you disagree with everything anti-trump that is said it's still decent comedy so there are worse ways to spend your time.

James

James wrote:

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are landing big Super Tuesday wins as they seek to tighten their grips on the Democratic and Republican presidential nominations.

CNN projects the former secretary of state and the billionaire real estate mogul will win Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. Clinton will pick up Virginia while Trump will win Massachusetts. Clinton's primary rival, Bernie Sanders, will claim his home state of Vermont.

There is a close race unfolding in Oklahoma between Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio on the Republican side and between Clinton and Sanders on the Democratic side.

Still, Clinton's wins across the South appear to confirm her strong advantage over Sanders among African-American voters who bankrolled her huge win in the South Carolina primary on Saturday. She could emerge from the night with a clear lead over Sanders in the delegate count because the states where she leads have more delegates in play than those that Sanders is targeting.

Trump leads in Virginia but Rubio is putting up a strong showing after targeting highly educated voters in the Washington suburbs and national security voters around naval installations on the coast. With 70% of votes counted at 8:15 p.m. ET, Trump had 36.9% while Rubio was at 30.5% and Cruz was at 16.9%.

The Super Tuesday contests are a delegate bonanza for front-runners and a test of survival for others as voters went to the polls in a dozen states across the nation, including in the Deep South, in Colorado and Texas, in ice-bound Alaska and Minnesota.

Trump is expected to notch a large number of victories that could help him stretch his lead in the GOP White House battle and underscore his growing support across all sectors of the Republican coalition. Those wins could come despite being embroiled in a GOP fight that has rival candidates and party elders, desperate to stop his march to the nomination, branding him unfit for the presidency.

Cruz faces a must-win primary in his home state of Texas, while Rubio is a long shot to squeeze out his debut victory of the campaign after ditching his previously elevated and aspirational campaign to wage a bitter and personal war of words with Trump.

Sanders, who is keen to challenge the growing narrative that the former secretary of state is now on track to win the nomination, hopes to halt the Clinton tide in Minnesota, Colorado and Oklahoma, in addition to Vermont.

"This campaign is not just about electing a president," Sanders said at a rally Tuesday night in Vermont. "It is about transforming America."

A total of 595 Republican delegates are up for grabs in 11 states of the 1,237 needed to clinch the GOP nomination in 11 states. Sanders and Clinton are facing off in 11 states for 865 of the 2,383 delegates needed to win the Democratic race.

Super Tuesday is coming at a pivotal moment in the Republican race. It has finally dawned on rival campaigns and alarmed party establishment figures that Trump -- after three thumping wins in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada -- will win the nomination unless there is a dramatic reversal of fortunes.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/politics/ … index.html

Board footer