You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

People have been going to those places withher for 20 years. Hillary isn't on life support. Far from. Hillary was getting more votes than the entire republican field combined in regions. Trump does not have the money to support a national campaign, he has to get their backing. Just see, he will have to take RNC money, and make up some lame excuse why, but it's because he can't afford to self finance. So he will still be at the will of the establishment. He needs their fundraising.

And to say he doesn't have demographic problems is hilarious; Latinos, women and blacks. Those are problems.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He can afford a national campaign, but why should he self finance at this point. That is a lot of money.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Let's honour Ted Cruz by celebrating his very best contributions to the 2016 presidential campaign:

ted-cruz-dad.gif

giphy.gif

c3LAcS4.gif

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He can afford a national campaign, but why should he self finance at this point. That is a lot of money.

No he cannot. He doesn't have the liquid assets to support his campaign.

AtariLegend wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Let's honour Ted Cruz by celebrating his very best contributions to the 2016 presidential campaign:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/idme-wordpress … uz-dad.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JI9hJjz … /giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/c3LAcS4.gif

How did more than 7 million Americans vote for this guy? We have alot of bad politicians too, but they at least have to pretend to be sane.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

How did more than 7 million Americans vote for this guy? We have alot of bad politicians too, but they at least have to pretend to be sane.

I think they're furious with the Republicans. They have been promising that they will end Obamacare, stop planned Parenthood, stop immigration, impeach Obama...etc etc for 7 years, and little if any of that has come to fruition. So now they're angry at their own party as well as the Democrats. That's where a guy like Cruz can squirm in...the only problem was that Trump did it much better.

As for Hillary, I think people greatly overestimate the impact of her "scandals." I've said it before, but it really only fires up the base. I'm sure it sways some undecideds, but most Democrats look at all these investigations and see it as yet another witch hunt led by the GOP. It's not going to change their minds.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If I'm correct about that or not, the point remains that now he has to do something he has zero experience in: Build a massive political machine for a general election, and all the other things that go along with it. Without the backing of the RNC on this, I'd imagine it would be quite an uphill battle. Hillary has an extensive network, donors, political operatives, consultants, massive databases etc etc all at her fingertips. Romney's fumbled his ground game, and so did McCain. Obama did the opposite, building the largest grassroots organization in American politics. I'd imagine Hilldawg will be pulling from that database...

This is a great point and its been overlooked by many. Trump has used his celebrity as THE selling point. That will only get him so far. The fact he is not a career politician and doesn't act like one helps him but when it gets down to brass tacks, it might be his Acheilles heel.

It was a lifetime ago but look at Kennedy. Some may not realize this because of the Camelot aura and how he came from a politicial family but Kennedy was an outsider. TPTB did not want him. I'm even talking about the state level. They wanted the little boy wonder to go away. He basically told them to fuck off and Kennedy pounded the pavement until his knuckles bled. He went all over the country and bypassed the main political bigwigs in every state and started handshaking and baby kissing down at the local level, even in small towns. He wrapped that up and those higher up the totem pole were forced to take him seriously.

Trump in a different situation obviously but he should have tried something similar. His lack of desire to do so shows that you atre probably right in the fact that he wasn't expecting to be this successful. He may have done it as a promotional stunt and accidentaly stumbled into being a key figure in what could potentially be a turning point in this country's history. People are waking up to the vast corruption in our political system. Its unfortunate that Trump got to be the guy running when people started to "see the light".

Even if Trump loses, this is not going away. Four years from now someone is going to come in exposing the system for what it is. If TPTB do not want a massive shakeup to the system, they better start improving things and doing it at a fast pace. Close down the sweat shops in China and Mexico and bring the factories back here. Stop spending a trillion dollars a year for a perpetual war machine. Improve Obamacare or scrap it completely.

If they prefer keeping the current machine going, they're doing so at their own risk. A Hitler type figure is just begging to rise in the current conditions.

I would also agree not to dismiss Trump. But despite how different everybody says it is (and it is, to a degree although what happens in Republicanland doesn't necessarily mean it will happen in a General) there are some cold hard facts about that electoral map. There are serious demographic issues facing Trump-and they'll use clips of him saying stupid shit all day long. There are also portion of the GOP electorate (while I can't quantify this obviously) who are incredulous and appalled at Trump's nomination.

Trump has one thing going for him that no one else in the race had.....the common man....or what Nixon would label "the silent majority". This is the main reason I knew to not write him off as a laughing stock. Trump lucked into capturing the malaise many people feel about our country now.

Many laugh about Trump's talk of building a wall. The laughing stops when you hit the border of California. If Trump is smart he will campaign heavily here. For every latino vote in CA that Hillary already has wrapped up, there are 10 people sick of having to order a Big Mac in spanish or sick of their child's school catering to the non english speaking students while their child has to twiddle their thumbs in class waiting for the teacher to stop focusing on Julio.

The only question is....will these people actually vote for him? This is why I agree with Axlin that CA is in play regardless of what a poll says.

I play around with the electoral map a bit. On 270towin, they have it set with Hillary at 217 and Trump at 191 with several states still up in the air.

If Trump chooses Kasich, he gets OH. Period. If he can pull in PA, that gets him very close. If he can pull an upset in CA, its over and nothing else even matters.

M3QlY.png

edit:

giphy.gif

What the fuck? 18 What's the story behind that? That is very inappropriate. Can he not see that she wasn't interested in being kissed the first time? People say Trump is a lunatic but that dude has major issues and I cant believe even one person would have voted for that guy.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

It is his daughter. Somehow I think that makes it even worse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Indeed it does. She has no desire to even pretend that she likes him. She gives him no eye contact.

Thank God this guy is gone. Every American should thank Trump for knocking this guy out of contention.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Cruz is the worst thing that could have happened.

Board footer