You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: What GN'R members thought about CD

Tommy nailed it.

Most of the songs are "GnR worthy" too, if you will.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

So we're completely ruling out the possibility that they liked it?

There Was A Time is my favorite track along with Estranged in the discography, don't get the hate at all.

Their's a little bit of synth in Paradise City, Think About You just off the top of my head. It wasn't a problem before and you guys didn't notice it, but apparently it's issue now that you realized it's there 18.

Yeah, it's nonsense. Also, Slash was in perfect position to destroy CD like he did a lot of UYI when there was no chance at reconciliation. He didn't. I'd bet when Slash heard CD for the first time he was majorly bummed he never had the opportunity to work on those songs.  If he didn't like what he heard he would have never tried to get back into Guns. The synth ain't going nowhere.

Mama's Good Boy

Well, now Slash may get a chance to put his own spin on some of those songs..  at least in a live setting

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I guarantee he'd have gave up his left nut to record the TIL solo. I would not be surprised if one of the three songs Axl wanted Slash to contribute to was TIL. Had Finck not lobbied for its inclusion, it'd probably still be in the vault waiting for Slash's key ingredient.

Honestly I wish it had stayed in the vault. I can see why Axl had to be talked into putting it on there. I like Finck's work on CD songs but NOT that damn solo.

Mama's Good Boy

James Lofton wrote:

I guarantee he'd have gave up his left nut to record the TIL solo. I would not be surprised if one of the three songs Axl wanted Slash to contribute to was TIL. Had Finck not lobbied for its inclusion, it'd probably still be in the vault waiting for Slash's key ingredient.

Honestly I wish it had stayed in the vault. I can see why Axl had to be talked into putting it on there. I like Finck's work on CD songs but NOT that damn solo.

Isn't it possible there is a version of TIL recorded sometime between 93-96 already with a Slash solo??   It's an old song.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Maybe one day Axl would let Buckethead release some of the experimental stuff that they wrote in that era as part of a solo project.

Buckethead featuring Axl Rose

That's one way I could see stuff from the vault getting out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like the sound of that. Unlikely though. Not just Bucket's apparent anti-GNR stance but the unlikelihood of GNR tracks  appearing on solo projects.

Yeah TIL was supposedly recorded in France during the UYI tour so there might be a demo featuring a Slash solo...if it ever made it to that stage. Might just be a piano demo like that old NR demo.

Board footer