You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

I really liked Going Down, aside the cut n paste guitar solo. Sounds a lot more organic than most of CD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Even as a big fan of Silkworms, those type of songs might fit better for a solo album. Maybe if it was just one song like My World, but a GN'R album needs to be grounded in guitars imo. Something like OMG though is a very nice blend of hard rock and industrial. Love Axl's vocals and lyrics on that one.

Absolutely. I remember OMG wasn't well received by most but I think those lyrics are awesome, and the venomous way Axl delivers it all - I'd love to hear the other version Axl said he had around. But overall i'd love to hear some more of that type of stuff.

Hopefully you guys are right and new music is actually on the way. I've been thinking all afternoon about how great that would be. I'm one of those that really enjoyed Chinese Democracy but even so it's been a long time between drinks now...the idea of fresh axl is awesome...and with slash even more so.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

Absolutely. I remember OMG wasn't well received by most but I think those lyrics are awesome.

Well, the ones I can make out are pretty awesome, yes. I still have no idea what he's singing for half the song.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

I vividly remember hearing OMG for the first time on the radio, being really excited that GNR was back, and then thinking " OMG, what just happened?"   It seemed like such a mess.  I buried it away for years, but gave it another listen eventually.  It definitely fits the GNR  canon; a fist pounding, head banging, rocker. Yowza.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I vividly remember hearing OMG for the first time on the radio, being really excited that GNR was back, and then thinking " OMG, what just happened?"   It seemed like such a mess.  I buried it away for years, but gave it another listen eventually.  It definitely fits the GNR  canon; a fist pounding, head banging, rocker. Yowza.

It has kickass moments followed by real suck ass. Don't like the drum beats and the guitars suck and don't fit the song at all. Axl sounds cool at times and in the same fucking song he sounds almost micky mouse like.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listening to CD today, pitman is all over that bitch with over production that is simply not needed and at times silly. Into to Twat is one of those times. Sounds like a jungle scene with a huge drums and a parrot in the tree. Anyway listening to the Solo, Slash could play an Anastasia style solo there and it would fit perfectly. 

Sorry, holy fuck, as we all know that is about Slash, but what I find more crazy is that Bucket plays pretty much the Slash style to a T.  This had to be intentional. Not sure if Axl told him to but that is basically a Slash solo.

Riad, this could be a real rocker with stripped down production and Slash and Duff in it.

There are no drum parts Sorum couldn't nail honestly.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Listening to CD today, pitman is all over that bitch with over production that is simply not needed and at times silly. Into to Twat is one of those times. Sounds like a jungle scene with a huge drums and a parrot in the tree. Anyway listening to the Solo, Slash could play an Anastasia style solo there and it would fit perfectly. 

Sorry, holy fuck, as we all know that is about Slash, but what I find more crazy is that Bucket plays pretty much the Slash style to a T.  This had to be intentional. Not sure if Axl told him to but that is basically a Slash solo.

Riad, this could be a real rocker with stripped down production and Slash and Duff in it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. TWAT is perfect. The only thing over produced on CD is the amount of guitars going at any given time that buries Chris's work. If you listen to the 99 demos of TWAT and IRS Chris's work is clear and phenomenal. And a lot of that in the intro to TWAT could be Axl.

Sorry is a perfect Bucket song. He doesn't just shred. Anastasia... Ugh.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bucket and Slash are way more alike than anyone cared to admit ages ago. Bucket can do blues style, metal, country, whatever, I'm sure Slash can too.

That Slash instrumental--is it Vocalise--reminds me a lot of this Bucket tune. Tell me they aren't alike.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I always thought the solo from Sorry was a direct rip of the Floyd.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. TWAT is perfect. The only thing over produced on CD is the amount of guitars going at any given time that buries Chris's work. If you listen to the 99 demos of TWAT and IRS Chris's work is clear and phenomenal. And a lot of that in the intro to TWAT could be Axl.

Sorry is a perfect Bucket song. He doesn't just shred. Anastasia... Ugh.

I still like the album version of Twat. And I love those solos. Was just saying Slash could do them justice, no doubt. The Anastasia solo is pretty damn good, not sure why you dislike it. I like the Sorry guitar solo too.

Board footer