You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

misterID wrote:

Via http://www.alternativenation.net/slash- … acy-songs/

According to MSL Slash and Duff are working on the second half of Chinese, while a Best Of compilation is being prepped for later in the year featuring a new song, which could be Atlas Shrugged. According to MSL, Slash's camp has said he's already laid his guitar work down on this song specifically, and CD II will come afterwards.

I really hate the idea of wasting Atlas on a best of, but it will probably be a big seller and get people accustomed to hearing Slash on the new stuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The moment the reunion hoopla started, I knew we were getting a Best of/GH 2 at some point this year. It needs a new song to get hardcore fans to support it and also a single on the charts during the tour. It also helps reintroduce the general public to GNR.....this is why SG released Telephantasm, which was a Best of collection featuring Black Rain, an old song reworked a bit.

AtariLegend wrote:

Did this really need it's own thread?

johndivney wrote:

CDII will come afterwards.

Ok. I'm going to start holding my breath now..

MrID why do you hate the idea of Atlas being wasted on a best of? What is the attachment people have to this song? Have you guys heard it? There was another post a while back from someone about that song..

Sometimes I think I'm living in another dimension to the rest of yous. That this website is coming thru on a different frequency to the rest of my world. Well I know that's actually true enough..

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

What is the attachment people have to this song? Have you guys heard it?

Remember Catcher In The Rye before the album came out? Another Brian May track that everyone who has heard it claimed it was as good as the best tracks on Chinese Democracy.

It's probably been changed since from the Brian May demo the publications ect. heard to being a sound distortion rapped by Bumblefoot.

johndivney wrote:

Ah Skydog pre-emptively ripping the piss

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 46#p275546

Sky Dog wrote:

or Ax just saved the song for the mystical second half of Chinese....maybe it is the lead single with Slash now on it for the pending reunion tour.....it's on according to my sources...ON.

That guy cracks me up! Brilliant!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

MrID why do you hate the idea of Atlas being wasted on a best of? What is the attachment people have to this song? Have you guys heard it? There was another post a while back from someone about that song..

Sometimes I think I'm living in another dimension to the rest of yous. That this website is coming thru on a different frequency to the rest of my world. Well I know that's actually true enough..

I think it would just suck to get 1 new song.. Personally I'd rather it even be on a movie soundtrack, than a Best Of... anyway there's little chance any of us buy the Best Of album so we'll likely download the song, even just off Amazon for $.99 or whatever. That or youtube it a couple times.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I wonder if they'll do a video.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't really believe anything from MSL anyway.  He usually has bits and pieces right, but most of the things that pop up are things anyone could have guessed with some knowledge of the situation.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I love SkyDog.

We're getting something this year. The label will not waste its best opportunity in 20 years to get GNR product out there and GNR will want something that helps promote the tour. Of course it will contain something new.....and I don't consider ANY new song being on it a "waste". New songs have been wasting away in Axl's vault for 15 years so how is releasing one of them a waste?

atari has a point about how any reworked song will be different but I'll take it. They can add a sample of Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem during a Slash solo like they did for Bucket on Madagascar and I'll listen to it anyways.

GH 2 or a Best of GNR was always the logical first release during the reunion. Anyone expecting CD II to immediately be wrapped in cellophane and released when the reunion was announced cant blame the band/label. The reset button was hit on the project the moment Slash & Duff came back.

Board footer