You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Your GN'R fillers

polluxlm wrote:

List what you consider filler in the GN'R catalog. I didn't include TSI since it's a cover album, but feel free to include it if you want. In a week or so I'll compile an Evo top 10.

Mine:

AFD

Think About You
You're Crazy
Anything Goes

Lies

Reckless Life
Nice Boys

UYI I

Bad Obsession

UYI II

Shotgun Blues

CD

Shackler's Revenge
Riad N' the Bedouins

Curiously the early albums contain the most filler for me. Even though I think they display Guns at their best and purest overall. And I definitely dislike those AFD fillers more than I do them on later albums. It's a little weird. Maybe it's a contrast thing? AFD is so menacing and tight, that when it's not you really notice.

johndivney wrote:

I find that list insulting. An affront to good taste. Every song until your CD choices are up there in terms of best of's, not filler.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I knew you'd say something like that. 14

Come on, cough up yours.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

UY2: My World
AFD: Think About You is the weakest track on the album
I enjoys Nice Boys and reckless life, but they are the weakest on Lies.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think it's debatable. These aren't necessarily the tracks I dislike.

Appetite for Destruction

Anything Goes
Think About You
You're Crazy (people love this track, but the argument stands)

Lies

You're Crazy (I love it, but it's another version of a track already released)

I don't count the "Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide" tracks as part of Lies and Used to Love Her/Patience/One in a Million definitely aren't filler.

Use Your Illusion 1

You Ain't the First
Bad Apples
Don't Damn Me

Tracks like Garden of Eden get a pass since it was released as a video and Perfect Crime was a opener to some of the bands greatest concerts.

Use Your Illusion 2

Shotgun Blues
So Fine
Don't Cry (whether people prefer it to the original are not is irrelevant, it's still another version of the same track).

My World is not a song, it's basically a skit.

Chinese Democracy

Shackler's Revenge (An argument can be made that it's not, since they put it forward for Rock Band... it's still though sounds like it's from a different era from the rest of the album and is a flow killer and influenced alot of the reviews.)
Scrapped

I'd like to say Bumble's rape of Catcher in the Rye, but the track at once point could have been magical sad.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

funny , I think Think About You is a great song

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Seems to be a hate it or love it track. For me it's just too cheesy and upbeat. GN'R in hair metal mode. It doesn't fit the album, nor do I think the song is all that great.

johndivney wrote:
younggunner wrote:

funny , I think Think About You is a great song

It is a great song. These people are just morons, they don't know what they're talking about.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Think About You has really grown on me. The 02 line up played it well. It's still filler 16

AFD
Think About You
Anything Goes
Outta Get Me

LIES
Move To The City

UYI
Back Off Bitch
Don't Damn Me

UYI II
Get In The Ring
Shotgun Blues
My World

I love all of TSI?

CD
Scraped.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't equate tracks I don't like as filler. I like Think About You, but the argument stands.

I admire polluxlm's optimism that this would be a balanced discussion to bring up on a Guns N' Roses forum tongue.

Board footer