You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ ASHBA: 'It's Hard For Me To Play Other People's Songs'

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monster was a great album, and the beginning of the end of the band.

Sorry if it seems I'm arguing with everything you say these days, but you do know new adventures in Hifi came after monster?!
Reveal was sublime too, one of their best.There were a handful of tracks on the final 3 that were stunning too.

I really, really miss REM. Been listening to them a lot since the turn of the year. They just don't make them like they used to. The last rock band to make pop music art.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I strongly dislike REM as well 16

I apprecite them more than NIN tho

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I strongly dislike REM as well 16

I apprecite them more than NIN tho

They had good songs. They were a real band and much more musical than NIN. EVERYBODY HURTS  is one of their best songs ever

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monster was a great album, and the beginning of the end of the band.

Sorry if it seems I'm arguing with everything you say these days, but you do know new adventures in Hifi came after monster?!
Reveal was sublime too, one of their best.There were a handful of tracks on the final 3 that were stunning too.

I really, really miss REM. Been listening to them a lot since the turn of the year. They just don't make them like they used to. The last rock band to make pop music art.

My 2nd favorite of theirs.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

New Adventures in HiFi was the first rock album I ever bought. The result of telling my mother to pick up Automatic for the People on her way home from work. 16

Great band. NIN is the better rock act though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Their best song IMO.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I should mention with all my Robin bashing in this thread I really enjoyed him in NiN.

The slip was a fun album and he was great live with them.

I just didn't find he had the chops for slash's style. But doing his own thing in NiN he was very enjoyable.

I remember live he played on guitar a lot of the parts that were syth on the record and it was very cool.

Board footer