You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

johndivney wrote:

Yea. You're watching rehearsals for the post-cameron cabinet gove/Boris leadership claims.

AtariLegend wrote:

I despise Cameron, but don't want to live in a country were people chose Boris/Farage...

Farage for example has ran in 7 local elections in 7 different constituencies and lost all 7. Yet he's the leader of a party that's all over the fucking TV. He's leader of a party that openly wanted a privatized NHS, but is on the fucking TV and telling people we have to LEAVE to save the NHS...

I don't think we have the right to mock Americans anymore.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I hope that a Brexit happens.

I hear they (Brexit voters) are ahead.

Don't enjoy political outsiders (heads of state / former heads of state) saying: The United Kingdom needs to stay in the EU. Like piss off.

AtariLegend wrote:

UK will end up a 1 party state in a decade if this happens. Scotland's going to vote by a majority to stay and the English who have the biggest voice will vote to leave.

If Scotland has another referendum (the outcome will be different) and Tories will be in power forever even if everyone hates them due to demographics/areas that'll vote blue.

Not that I care less about Labour, but the Tories are the ones that go on about benefits, being anti-human rights and are the ones who despise the NHS. They would have privatized it if they could have got away with it. Yet they're arguing that all of it is in danger if we don't leave.

The country is fucked and funnily enough the opinion polls show that people under 30 would vote overwhelming (by a massive majority) to stay, but are much less likely to vote than everyone else.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm voting stay. Yet to hear a tangible let alone significant benefit to my own circumstances by leaving.

The 'bigger' picture is so complicated most so called experts can't agree and no leave campaigner can put their hand on their heart and say they know the true fallout if we leave.

I suspect we'd be fine if we left, day to day life would likely be much the same but better off? Unlikely. Therefore why leave?

AtariLegend wrote:

I want to know Olorin's opinion. We have more UKer's than this tongue.

Anyway this is probably the first time I've agreed with Smoking politically.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am scared of what life will be like in 15 years.

AtariLegend wrote:

Their was an advert for LEAVE prior to the match.

It was a brief video showing how if we left, we'd have have twice as much NHS staff (ignoring the fact that 10% of doctors are from EU countries) and no ques in hospitals.

Not sure what's worse, the idea that they're allowed to make these kind of generalizations or the fact that their are people out there that actually believe this.

I think people have trouble differentiating Boris the politician, from Boris on Have I Got News From You.

It's looking like STAY is a lost cause.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The Sun have chosen the winner. We are leaving. I am worried.

AtariLegend wrote:

They won't listen to Obama/Clinton, every world leader, IMF and most of the politicians in this country... but they'll listen to Nigel Farage, Boris from Have I Got News For You and fucking Rupert Murdoch who owns so much of the media.

Fuck the right wing media in this country and that includes the BBC. When on Question time they take a question from an audience member that's pro EU, but essentially has to be a Asian immigrant who can barely speak a word of English... they know exactly what kind of picture they're painting and putting in peoples heads.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Agree on the rest but the BBC is definitely favouring the stay campaign.

Board footer