You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

faldor wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Time to let Trump have his temporary travel ban and be done with it.

THis is the kind of jack assery that shows the average American's soul to the rest of you...

SG comes into the European politics thread to talk about the Trump travel.

Not only does he have know knowledge of American law or the judiciary...he couldn't give a shit less about any English that lost a loved one today.

It's the wrong thread and time to bring up Trump's travel ban, but you're out of line saying he doesn't care about any of the victims. I'll leave it at that.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and people of London.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

faldor wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

THis is the kind of jack assery that shows the average American's soul to the rest of you...

Not only does he have know knowledge of American law or the judiciary...he couldn't give a shit less about any English that lost a loved one today.

It's the wrong thread and time to bring up Trump's travel ban, but you're out of line saying he doesn't care about any of the victims. I'll leave it at that.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and people of London.

Yea, this guy didn't hesitate to immediately blame Trump before the Ariana Grande bombing was final.

This is so tragic. I don't know what the answer is, but the people of London shouldn't have to accept this as the new normal.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Hearing it on the news last night made me so sad.  I have no answer, just glad the emergency services got there quick.  :-(

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Praying and feeling bad goes without saying. It is a horrible event and it sucks it keeps happening. Sorry I brought up a travel ban.... Oh well. It is crazy how the U.K. didnt have a terror attack for a long time and no there has been 4 in just the past few months. That we know about.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's police cuts. The police were cut multiple times under this government and Theresa May heroiclly yelled about them crying wolf under an increased terror threat.

All of these attacks recently, all seemed to be known to police. One was reported by his local community 5 fucking times. The others were all on watch lists.

One of the guys from Saturday that was wearing an Arsenal shirt appeared in a Channel 4 documentary last year called the Jihadis next door.

Then of course all debate is being shut about our governments links with the fucking Saudis.

Amber Rudd there fyi writing that note was set to lose her seat in Hastings according to the yougov poll before Friday.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I never understand why around election time interviewers expect politicians to develop MENSA level memory skills and recall every article or number they'e ever read. Then when surprisingly they forget a detail it's viewed as an embarrassment and a reason not to vote for them. Would I expect or want them all to walk in to cabinet meetings without notes and hopefully pluck imprortant details and numbers off the top of their heads? No, so why do they have to do it in election interviews? It's lazy interviewing, surely hearing the right number is more important than if they can recall it without notes?

With that said Diane Abbott is a useless baffoon and Corbyn should have dropped her like a stone months ago.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

With that said Diane Abbott is a useless buffoon and Corbyn should have dropped her like a stone months ago.

The only reason she's in the position she is, is that the original shadow cabinet went on a merry go round after the media told everyone that Corbyn was useless and was going to lead to a landslide defeat.

Apparently the more "centrist" genuinely believed that and hence all resigned or tried to stage that coup last year. Dianne was only there, because almost everyone else had written of his chances and jumped.

Imagine if they hadn't staged a coup? Dianne would probably at best be head of a department most people couldn't name.

Anyway in my lifetime this country has never elected a PM not backed by the likes of Murdoch or the Daily Mail. It goes back to the start of the Thatcher years. You're going to see some absolutely shocking/disgusting stories in the next few days, make sure the public isn't putting Corbyn in office.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

True, I must confess I have been very impressed with Corbyn since the election was called. He's completely won me over. It's a shame we didn't see more of this from him sooner. The reasons for that are open to debate.

It will be interesting to see who comes running back should Corbyn get elected. He will need some to do just that because as it stands his cabinet would be a disaster. Abbott being a prime example, although I don't think she gets the gig of home sec if labour are elected.

AtariLegend wrote:

A preview of Murdoch's pitch tomorrow;

DBqyXfEXUAA_49r.jpg:large

AtariLegend wrote:

So while the country tomorrow votes to move on moving further to the authoritarian right, here's a reminder that the vicar's daughter has been campaigning on this for years;

Board footer