You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

Smoking Guns wrote:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

He's a good singer, but uh..."my own personal preference" is right dude. There is only one Axl. Seems he realizes he can't pull it off so he doesn't even try lol.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He's a good singer, but uh..."my own personal preference" is right dude. There is only one Axl. Seems he realizes he can't pull it off so he doesn't even try lol.

To be fair he was consistent and had no Mickey moments. But he also lacked Axl's tone and scoffed at his nasal delivery

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

To be fair he was consistent and had no Mickey moments. But he also lacked Axl's tone and scoffed at his nasal delivery

Except he's fucking standing there in a studio. Remember when Axl got pissed at that audience in a concert a number of years back and stood still? Sounded much better than when he runs around. I also saw a comment that the vocal coach guy posted where he took a shot at artists losing their voice (sounded like a shot at Axl). Even if Axl did lose his voice, he did more from '85-'93 than this guy will ever do in his life as a musician. Just seems like a cheap shot IMHO.

That guy does a better impression of The Scorpions singer (Still Loving You) in his channel. Below is a better GN'R video in his channel. Girl is super hot and of course doesn't even attempt to actually sound like Axl, but she is a damn good singer in her own right.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Except he's fucking standing there in a studio. Remember when Axl got pissed at that audience in a concert a number of years back and stood still? Sounded much better than when he runs around. I also saw a comment that the vocal coach guy posted where he took a shot at artists losing their voice (sounded like a shot at Axl). Even if Axl did lose his voice, he did more from '85-'93 than this guy will ever do in his life as a musician. Just seems like a cheap shot IMHO.

That guy does a better impression of The Scorpions singer (Still Loving You) in his channel. Below is a better GN'R video in his channel. Girl is super hot and of course doesn't even attempt to actually sound like Axl, but she is a damn good singer in her own right.

[/embed]

That girl is hot, and can sing. But can't sing like Axl. Axl in studio is an all timer for sure!!  I am a GNR FAN so you know we are in the same page. This guy is a good all around singer. He can sing many styles.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That girl is hot, and can sing. But can't sing like Axl. Axl in studio is an all timer for sure!!  I am a GNR FAN so you know we are in the same page. This guy is a good all around singer. He can sing many styles.

He's a good singer for sure. Bit pretentious though. If it wasn't for artists like Axl or Plant blowing out their voices, who knows what we would have from the earlier parts of their careers. They gave it 110% and we got some incredible shit from them, not just in the studio but in live gigs too. Their job was to entertain us and they succeeded.

I've been watching some '86-'88 GNR gigs tonight and Axl's voice was just un-fucking-believable during that time. Totally worth blowing out the voice if that is what happened. That stuff is recorded on YouTube and all of us can revisit it forever. Who knows, maybe we'll see even more old footage unearthed over time. There have already been two great clips of supposedly lost shows that popped up this year.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He's a good singer for sure. Bit pretentious though. If it wasn't for artists like Axl or Plant blowing out their voices, who knows what we would have from the earlier parts of their careers. They gave it 110% and we got some incredible shit from them, not just in the studio but in live gigs too. Their job was to entertain us and they succeeded.

I've been watching some '86-'88 GNR gigs tonight and Axl's voice was just un-fucking-believable during that time. Totally worth blowing out the voice if that is what happened. That stuff is recorded on YouTube and all of us can revisit it forever. Who knows, maybe we'll see even more old footage unearthed over time. There have already been two great clips of supposedly lost shows that popped up this year.

I agree!  That 1987 Ritz show was so fucking killer.

After Mick Jagger, Axl is probably the greatest front man ever. In his prime he was a total fucking boss.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I was watching Music Machine 1986 tonight. Fucking nuts, the whole band. Was badass to see Think About You played live and a killer version of it too. Axl had the teased hair but was a total greaseball maniac with the most insane voice ever, lol.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've been thinking about it - and Brian is probably one of the closest singers to Axl in terms of rasp out there. Assuming Axl can do 2006 era levels of rasp I think he would nail it.

If he does those Ac/Dc songs clean it would be questionable.....but assuming he can get back to screaming...he's the man for the job....

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I've been thinking about it - and Brian is probably one of the closest singers to Axl in terms of rasp out there. Assuming Axl can do 2006 era levels of rasp I think he would nail it.

If he does those Ac/Dc songs clean it would be questionable.....but assuming he can get back to screaming...he's the man for the job....

This is sacrilege, but I think Axl sounded better at the 1987 London gig on Whole Lotta Rosie than Bon did in the live versions of it I've heard. Axl kills it on Whole Lotta Rosie. But that's just one song and of course we know the dude's voice is pretty inconsistent these days. Either Angus has gone even crazier than Malcolm or Axl kicked serious ass in rehearsals. Or this whole fucking thing is April Fool's joke. 16 axl

Board footer