You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

war wrote:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/to … ar/&page=1

According to a new report from Atlanta Radio, Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose will be joining AC/DCas a replacement for Brian Johnson for the remainder of the band's tour.

As widely reported, Mr. Johnson has recently suffered major hearing issues with doctors urging him not to perform anymore at risk of hearing loss.

Axl was spotted in Atlanta over the weekend, where he reportedly flew for rehearsals, but not with GN'R.

Rumors started spreading about Rose negotiating with AC/DC, and now radio DJ Jason Bailey revealed that a "very, very good source" confirmed that all the speculation is true.

Jason said: "This is what I'm being told: Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it's all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows. All 10, including Atlanta.

"From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black and white guy. He's like, Brian, for health reasons, can't continue fronting the band.

"He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can't do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on. They're in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in. Again, this is from my source."

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Yea sure. Next somebody is going to tell me that Axl and Slash have cleared things up and are going to tour together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This story gained too much traction too quickly.

There was "chatter" in certain circles about AC/DC putting out feelers to Axl right after the Brian Johnson issue. Then when the pic of Axl in Atlanta hit the net, fans start speculating from here to Timbuktu, it takes off from there, and now some fans practically have him joining AC/DC for a tour and they're gonna do Back in Black II.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

AtariLegend wrote:

A sign of the Apocalypse?

I'd a laugh though if Axl played twice as many shows this year with AC/DC than with Guns N' Roses. No one predicted this.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

For once the rumors were true. 2016 will be a big year for Guns N' Roses. 3

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the funniest part is that axl was at rehearsals

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

As long as it's just the 10 shows and this doesn't impact the GNR stuff then I think it's awesome. In a way it'll be great PR for GNR as well providing they go ok.

Axl fronting AC/DC and back with Slash and Duff in GNR. The guys climbing back to the top of the mountain in 2016 for sure. Bowt fuckin time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
war wrote:

the funniest part is that axl was at rehearsals

Board footer