You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

polluxlm wrote:

In many ways his heart hasn't been in it since 2006, and even then I felt it was just one last push after the 01/02 abortion. Too much resistance and lack of support. In the end I think it dragged him down. My guess is that is part of why this reunion happened, the hill forward became too steep and he sort of gave in.

The plus side to that is that he can relax more. He's giving people what they want, he gets support, praise. That may bring back some of that old fire, desire to release music etc.

All speculation of course, my point being that things are different this time around. That may bring out a different Axl as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nah, I think he was full on in 06. It wasn't just his stage demeanor, but off stage as well. He was going out, having fun, partying, he had a girlfriend, etc. He was in a good spot in his life. Around 2011 something changed. That was around when he lost the girlfriend, and he didn't look as he was enjoying himself. Again, a lot like 02.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Will be interesting to see his demeanor now. If he comes out like he did in 06 he could mount a real comeback.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will be interesting to see his demeanor now. If he comes out like he did in 06 he could mount a real comeback.

2006 had always been my favorite of the CD era. Axl was lean and mean. Sounded great. We find out soon.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Angus cover SCOM so Axl can sing a guns too during an AC/DC SHOW?  Nightrain would be the most AC/DC style GNR song for them to do.

AtariLegend wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny, if half way through the set of shows Angus, Cliff and Stevie had to withdraw... with Buckethead, Tommy and Tobias taking over for the rest of the shows. Don't worry in this hypothetical Chris Slade would still be the drummer.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

You may be onto something... there is a "CD" in the middle of ACDC.. lol

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

You may be onto something... there is a "CD" in the middle of ACDC.. lol

Haha.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Angus cover SCOM so Axl can sing a guns too during an AC/DC SHOW?  Nightrain would be the most AC/DC style GNR song for them to do.

I think Out to Get Me is probably the most like Angus

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

looks like this is more than just a rumor now...

Board footer