You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

bigbri wrote:
WARose wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

looks like this is more than just a rumor now...

Wow, a photo of Axl and the AC/DC dudes at the same place. Cannot be coincidence.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
WARose wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

looks like this is more than just a rumor now...

Interesting they said Axl himself has confirmed. Have I missed something? He looks good from that pic. I just hope this doesn't hurt his voice pulling double duty. This reunion won't work without the rasp. Hate to say it but 2012 sounding Axl will not cut it.

Also.. ACDC opening for GNR? The report with this picture is taking leaps and bounds.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

There's no way in hell they are opening for GNR.  1988 Axl, or anyone on earth, would have a hell of a time trying to sing for an opener and a headliner on the same night, ten times.  No way.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Looks like Axl threw us a curveball. Nice. I like confusing shit. Wouldn't be GNR without it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl singing Thunderstruck = vocal damage beyond repair?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Not sure I understand this move at all. Right when the GNR thing is getting going.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Not sure I understand this move at all. Right when the GNR thing is getting going.

Quite weird, I agree, but GNR have been so boring the last years. About time Axl went mental again lol

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If it's just to cover the 10 cancelled gigs I see no issue. He's obviously a big fan considering how much he covers them live. Kinda once in a lifetime thing for him and that's saying something for a guy who's done as much as Axl. Certainly wouldn't work him fronting both bands ongoing but 10 shows is nothing in the whole scheme of things.

Also don't see ACDC as openers for GNR, with or without Axl as stand in frontman. A co-headline tour down the line could be interesting though.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

the double duty thing seems to be bullshit they got from some satirical artice or something. but the photo is real i guess.

there are still some europe dates by the way. they weren`t cancelled yet and they would fit into gnr`s schedule from what we know. i hope so, as i`vt got tickets for acdc in Hamburg/Germany.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think if this does happen Axl will only sing Bon era songs, and Brian himself will be there to sing his songs. Axls there to break up the show and reduce the stress on Brians ears imo. I just cant believe AC/DC would just throw Brian aside so quickly with no fan fare.

Even having the rest of the shows with a mix guest singers doesnt make make much sense, its AC/DC, their fans are just as ravenous as GNR fans, imagine GNR playing 10 shows without Axl? It just doesnt compute. If they play their last ever 10 shows without Brian it'll be a stain on their legacy, and for a band that gets it so right so often, I just cant see that happen.

Board footer