You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

polluxlm wrote:

Wow. He stepped up his game massively there. Usually it's maybe one verse, then embarrassing. If that.

Agreed, looks to be a pattern with the old guys on stage. The CD era truly ended up as a cash grab, phoning it in.

Thank God this happened.

Yup, always liked that performance. Especially that last "YOU KNOW THAT YOU… could be mine".

Mind you, you can feel palpable waves of cringe in that last verse when Duff's singing into the mic and DJ's dancing around him like a yappy little dog looking for attention.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck, I am so glad that shit show is over with. Listen to those bullshit guitars. The tone is God awful and you have DJ acting a fool. I am so glad Slash and Duff are back. Frank needs to get on Slash's page. If not, Sorum will get the call. This is an audition for him too. Slash will soon become the de facto "band" leader. Fortus is good and won't be leaving. Axl isn't scared to cut the cord. See Pitman. I think Frank will improve, he better, or he will be out too. You watch as Slash's power and leverage increases... It will. Axl trusts Slash with the band/music part in a live setting. He will side with Slash if Slash bitches over Frank.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Frank is just as good a drummer as Matt.    He's fine.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Sure is a good drummer. Doesn't mean he has chemistry with Slash and Duff. He better develop it or he will be gone. I think he will develop if and stick around.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember everyone, THE ONLY REASON Frank has this gig is because he was buddies with Richard from the Furs days. He then recorded some with Stinson and they became buddies. This is nuGNR's Gilby Clarke.... He was their friend. So let's be honest about it. Unlike Sorum who was drumming in a major act or Adler who helped form the band and was unique etc.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Sure is a good drummer. Doesn't mean he has chemistry with Slash and Duff. He better develop it or he will be gone. I think he will develop if and stick around.

Isn't this all a bit if a leap based off one missed beat during WTTJ? Suddenly there's no chemistry and he'll be gone.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Isn't this all a bit if a leap based off one missed beat during WTTJ? Suddenly there's no chemistry and he'll be gone.

Yes it is a leap. I admit it. My point stands. If Slash didn't like him after a while he will be gone, but I don't see that happening.

Mama's Good Boy

Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember everyone, THE ONLY REASON Frank has this gig is because he was buddies with Richard from the Furs days. He then recorded some with Stinson and they became buddies. This is nuGNR's Gilby Clarke.... He was their friend. So let's be honest about it. Unlike Sorum who was drumming in a major act or Adler who helped form the band and was unique etc.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he was already the GnR drummer?

There was a need for a guitar player after DJ and Bumble leave, Slash and Axl patched things up, so it made sense to bring back Slash.    Duff already had one foot in the door in 2014.    There was not a need for a drummer, because they still had Frank.    There wasn't a need for a rhythm guitarist, because they still had Richard.   

^I believe that is how Axl sees this.   I'm not saying its wrong to want to see the original 5 or to have a different opinion.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I mean in 2006 he got the job because he is buddies with Tommie and Richard.

Mama's Good Boy

Well, Gilby had 2 years in the band, so I don't see the comparison.   Frank has stuck for about a decade now so I think Axl likes him as the drummer at this point.

Board footer