You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

bigbri wrote:

Figured we could start a fresh thread to house everything about this show, if it happens.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor- … is-friday/

Set list:

It’s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin Jive
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Speak Softly Love
Sweet Child O’ Mine
New Rose
Better
Knockin on Heaven’s Door
My Michelle
Nightrain

Encore:

The Seeker
Paradise City

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not much of a secret. They should cancel the idea and save for Vegas.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Having the show on April fools day tells me that this probably for real because that's the GnR way.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sounds like GNR, market a show as the first time Axl and Slash have been together on stage in two decades, your fans pay thousands to go rather than wait for the inevitable global tour so as to feel the excitement of the first time , many traveling from overseas for thousands of bucks, and then you play a secret show before hand.

I love the music but this band literally has no respect for it's fanbase at all.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Sounds like GNR, market a show as the first time Axl and Slash have been together on stage in two decades, your fans pay thousands to go rather than wait for the inevitable global tour so as to feel the excitement of the first time , many traveling from overseas for thousands of bucks, and then you play a secret show before hand.

I love the music but this band literally has no respect for it's fanbase at all.

Good post.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I disagree. Holding secret shows isn't disrespectful. It's basically a rehearsal and helps create extra buzz.

GNR has a loooooooooong track record of doing shows before any tour starts. No one should be surprised about any potential shows beforehand. Its par for the course.

I didn't consider Soundgarden's secret show disrespectful and I wont consider GNR's to be either.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I disagree. Holding secret shows isn't disrespectful. It's basically a rehearsal and helps create extra buzz.

GNR has a loooooooooong track record of doing shows before any tour starts. No one should be surprised about any potential shows beforehand. Its par for the course.

I didn't consider Soundgarden's secret show disrespectful and I wont consider GNR's to be either.

People paid THOUSANDS....

Rock N Rio wasn't a reunion. This is 23 fucking years and the first time they were supposed to be together is April 8. You can't spin it any other way. It is bullshit. They don't need to rehearse for a crowd. They are all over 50, not 15. Show up like a badass and own it in Vegas. Vegas sold out fast as fuck cause it was to be the first show. PERIOD.

James

James wrote:

Maybe I'm not as pissed because I followed the SG reunion very closely and I'm seeing this play out in a similar way just on a much higher level. You're right that previous shows like The Joint, HOB, The HTGTH club dates before the UYI tour started weren't reunion shows but the precedent had been set.

I understand wanting to see the first show and people did pay a lot of money to experience it. I said months ago as this got underway that if management is going to continue monitoring fan sites, they need to figure out a better way of communicating to its hardcore base. Hell, just use NIghtrain for forum updates to keep people in the loop. Technically they even have a free pass on this front because they told people  to expect something. That's a clue right there. What they seem to be forgetting is this is a fan base that endured the CD saga and had reached a point where it mocked any so called updates.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

so first they announce Coachella and fans pay outrageous prices for the tickets, because they want to see their first "regroup" shows. then they announce Vegas BEFORE Coachella and fans AGAIN pay outrageous prices for the tickets, because they think this is their first show. now, they would have ANOTHER show before all those, to drain even more money from fans. how did Pitman say it, money grab? that fits well for this, I must say!

James

James wrote:

A similar thing happened with Hammerstein but to a lesser extent. First a couple shows were announced and a few days later, two more dates added which caused many fans to buy tickets to those as well. Its why most forum fans who attended Hammerstein went to multiple or all of the shows.

Board footer