You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Tour To Expand Beyond U.S.; THE CULT To Open Select Date

Axlin16 wrote:

The Cult is one of my favorite bands. GN'R is hitting literally everyone on my all-time favorite artists list with their openers. Wish I could be a Deadhead (or Deadhorse) and chase them around to see these shows everywhere with different openers.

James Lofton wrote:

So AIC in the US, The Cult overseas. Interesting choice to say the least. They clearly have no worries about needing a major opening act for the tour. The Cult put zero asses in seats on this tour.

Its also like going back in time. I wouldn't be surprised if an offer isn't made to Skid Row at some point in the future. The Cult shows its a possibility.

Come on now. The Cult has a fanbase. Don't act like they don't, but yes, there will be no one who's gonna shell out $300 bucks for Cult tix. Sadly the last major hit they had was that soundtrack song on Gone In 60 Seconds back in 2001, and even then it was kinda the last gasp. Regardless, they've continued to put out quality records. Their most recent album was solid, and sounded like it was trying to be a sequel to Ceremony with shades of Cult '94 thrown in.

Skid Row isn't getting an invite. Even if they got Bach back, I doubt they'd get an invite. Faith No More is more likely, and that certainly ain't gonna happen with how much Patton is a dick.

Skid Row just lost Tony Harnell, which was their most legit lineup since Bach, and right now they are singerless, and acting like they STILL have no interest in getting back with Bach. They are apparently fine with playing in front of 300 people on Stage 12 at festivals, rather than making real money.

If this GN'R tour is a success... EVERYONE will want the money that comes from opening. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Soundgarden got called -- again. If AIC can do it, so can SG.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

That Cult song from Gone In 60 Seconds was pretty good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That Cult song from Gone In 60 Seconds was pretty good.

That was a Dianne Warren song meant for Aerosmith after they did her other song for Armageddon. I have no idea why I know that.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I remember that now. Diane Warren had like three songs all written, the other one was that KISS song from "Detroit Rock City", that was a big ballad similar to Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing".

All of them were on the table, and Aerosmith, KISS & The Cult all picked their respective songs. They are all good. I remember liking the KISS one the best. Forget the title. Let me find it...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

This CRUSHES "Don't Want To Miss A Thing". Paul Stanley's finest moment possibly. This could've been a MASSIVE ballad on "Revenge" in 1992.

The Cult - Painted On My Heart (from "Gone In 60 Seconds")

Both of these are kickass songs from Miss Diane Warren. Rock fans despise her, but let's be honest... the woman is a wonderful song writer.

P.S.

Jolie is so fucking hot. Fuck you SG, 19

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

This CRUSHES "Don't Want To Miss A Thing". Paul Stanley's finest moment possibly. This could've been a MASSIVE ballad on "Revenge" in 1992.

The Cult - Painted On My Heart (from "Gone In 60 Seconds")

Both of these are kickass songs from Miss Diane Warren. Rock fans despise her, but let's be honest... the woman is a wonderful song writer.

P.S.

Jolie is so fucking hot. Fuck you SG, 19

I love Jolie!

That cult tune is only good due to Sorum, lol.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That Cult tune is only good because of Sorum... okay now you are just being a dick. 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

That Cult tune is only good because of Sorum... okay now you are just being a dick. 16

"Sorum" and "dick" in the same sentence just feels so right.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tonight is going to be fun.  None of you fuckers go to sleep!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tonight is going to be fun.  None of you fuckers go to sleep!

I'm about to take a 15 minute nap now so I can hang, ha

Board footer