You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: 2016 Summer Stadium 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour

misterID wrote:

Looks like this was filmed at rehearsal, a bit on Richard's new amp for the tour. Monkey might like this.

Pretty fucking sweet. fortus

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Richard is a fucking beast of a guitar player. This gives the band multiple options in-studio. You can see he was originally supposed to be a lead, and Bucket pushed him to being rhythm.

Hopefully Slash likes writing with him. 4tus definitely has an old GN'R vibe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

fortus is a badass, but for GNR, he needs to just be Gilby...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

fortus is a badass, but for GNR, he needs to just be Gilby...

Depends on the scenario. I can't see Richard writing a solo, and Slash taking it from him. Slash isn't that kind of guy.

My guess in-studio is it'll be like UYI, but take more work off Slash's shoulders. Slash does lead and Richard does rhythm, and that's it. Whereas Slash used to do a rhythm back in the day to combine with Izzy's.

Richard is too talented to really need to do that. It keeps the band tighter, and everybody has their place. Axl = vocals, Slash = lead, Richard = rhythm, Duff = bass, Frank = drums, Dizzy = keys

Bing bang boom, that's a rock band that can do it all.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The thing with Richard is the writing. Axl supposedly loves what he's written, Going Down is supposed to be a Richard/Tommy track, and that's what they didn't like about Gilby was his writing. I'd love to see what he and Slash could cook up together.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Let me rephrase, on stage tonight and this tour, he needs to be like Izzy/Gilby.  On new shit or CD shit, sure, let him have his moments.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Why would he be like Gilby? Gilby didn't write anything with the band.

#Gotcha

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Would be interesting to see some Slash/Fortus collaboration.   

Question is, will it be a collaboration on a GnR album, or a Slash album?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monkey might like this.

I do indeed. Big fan of fortus - love his playing!  I think GNR with him and Slash will be great!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin16 wrote:

Richard is a fucking beast of a guitar player. This gives the band multiple options in-studio. You can see he was originally supposed to be a lead, and Bucket pushed him to being rhythm.

Hopefully Slash likes writing with him. 4tus definitely has an old GN'R vibe.

Can't tell you how happy I am that he's playing the updated version of KOHD on that promo video – suggests that we may hear Slash soloing over that version, which is something I've always wanted to hear.

Also: Fortus posted some pics of his new rig on Facebook, including this one:

12919912_10153507939863302_5118030826542070551_n.jpg?oh=51af14cfe91eb62919188c6dafc54a5f&oe=578F38D1

Unless I'm not up to speed on my guitar effects terminology, does "Better Env" suggest some sort of envelope filter that's used on Better? Which would suggest they are playing Chinese Democracy tracks live…

Board footer