You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Troubadour 04/01/16 - videos

Axlin16 wrote:

Mine:

GN'R
Queen
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Metallica

Global Rock List:

The Rolling Stones
Queen
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC

And that's not to say I don't love me some Stones. They're probably 6th on "Mine" list. To me a Top-10 would be VERY hard. I'd be trying to cram everyone listed above and still put Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, and even i'd try to put Dream Theater on the best-of list somewhere just from their sheer talent and quality of music and longevity.

I also forgot... The Beatles somewhere in there. I'd even throw Lennon, Harrison & McCartney solo on that list somewhere too.

Like I said -- it's hard.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Mine:

GN'R
Queen
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Metallica

Global Rock List:

The Rolling Stones
Queen
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC

And that's not to say I don't love me some Stones. They're probably 6th on "Mine" list. To me a Top-10 would be VERY hard. I'd be trying to cram everyone listed above and still put Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, and even i'd try to put Dream Theater on the best-of list somewhere just from their sheer talent and quality of music and longevity.

Where would Skynyrd be if the crash never happens????

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See my amended post.

Beatles, Skynyrd... would all be on the Top-20 somewhere. It'd a VERY hard list to make.

Even if the crash hadn't happened, I think Skynyrd would've eventually went the route of .38 Special and probably recorded AOR Southern Rock during the 80's. Skynyrd imo would've scored tons of hits, but probably would've gotten a big lack of respect like Deep Purple (another one on the list somewhere).

Like I said... it's hard.

AtariLegend wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Hanson

Joker_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus looked cool as fuck up there... He is a cool dude, looks the part.

I thought he played off Slash really well too.
Listen to them on this track. Fortus and Slash really do work very well together.
I bet when Axl heard that he thought to himself "Who's Izzy?"

[/embed]

Fortus is not on that track. He also refused to jam with Slash when Slash was asked to Jam with Thin Lizzy. I think he left the stage for respect to Axl. Funny how he had to cover Slash in GNR and Dead Dasies. Haha.

Shame, I must have just convinced myself I was hearing what I wanted to. That's unsettling.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No prob, man. Easy mistake smile

I want better quality soon so I can hear the two better. Slash and Frank sound good together, and a litt Duff, and Melissa's background vocals. Axl sounds kick ass, like 2008 Axl. That's about all I can make out.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl sounds like 2006 Axl. Never heard 2008 Axl live. I didn't thin they toured that year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl sounds like 2006 Axl. Never heard 2008 Axl live. I didn't thin they toured that year.

I meant 2009 16

I think he used less rasp in 09, but a pretty good mix between rasp and clean.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I meant 2009 16

I think he used less rasp in 09, but a pretty good mix between rasp and clean.

Yes 2009 was good. Monkey says greatest show he has ever been to. Fuck it makes me so happy how Axl kicked so much ass. I am so happy for them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes 2009 was good. Monkey says greatest show he has ever been to.

No, I meant those asian 2009 shows are  my favourite year for bootlegs - cos they played some of the CD songs like TWAT and axl was doing the screams. Unfortunately I wasn't there until they came to Australia in 2010 and by then the set was less interesting.

Best show I was actually at was 1993 UYI tour in Melbourne Australia.

Board footer