You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

misterID wrote:

I've listened to Frank play with GNR for YEARS.  And you do realize Slash and Steven would not have gotten into GNR without their relationship with Duff, right?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've listened to Frank play with GNR for YEARS.  And you do realize Slash and Steven would not have gotten into GNR without their relationship with Duff, right?

They were forming a band from scratch. For you to play that card is pretty funny though.

Frank formed Chemistry with those guys over time. He will eventually do the same with Slash and Duff. I have no doubts. And it was Slash that took Duff to see Axl, not the other way. And I don't care what band Slash ends up in, the guy was going to make it... He just was.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

They were forming a band from scratch. For you to play that card is pretty funny though.

Frank formed Chemistry with those guys over time. He will eventually do the same with Slash and Duff. I have no doubts. And it was Slash that took Duff to see Axl, not the other way. And I don't care what band Slash ends up in, the guy was going to make it... He just was.

You just admitted that matt and gilby were brought it through connections. It's how bands work. You keep moving the goalpost because you're butthurt over Steven.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

You just admitted that matt and gilby were brought it through connections. It's how bands work. You keep moving the goalpost because you're butthurt over Steven.

I am just happy to have what we have. I am not butt hurt, and Adler will have his time.

Gilby was brought in because they were in a jamb. Matt was recruited cause he is a badass.  Please see the difference here. Axl didn't have time to do some nation wide search. It was a convienently hire. I think most can see this. And it worked. Kudos to Frank!

misterID

misterID wrote:

I don't think Steven will be playing any time soon with anyone seeing his back is fucked, which is the real reason he canceled his Whiskey gig at the last minute.

Axl has had TEN YEARS to find a replacement for Brain. He chose Frank. Please understand that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think Steven will be playing any time soon with anyone seeing his back is fucked, which is the real reason he canceled his Whiskey gig at the last minute.

Axl has had TEN YEARS to find a replacement for Brain. He chose Frank. Please understand that.

10 years? He left for his baby and needed someone to fill in. For fucks sake DJ Ashba was in the fucking band. Chops was not always the reason Axl hired someone.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

10 years? He left for his baby and needed someone to fill in. For fucks sake DJ Ashba was in the fucking band. Chops was not always the reason Axl hired someone.

He had the perfect opportunity to bring in anyone he wanted for this gig and the future, including Matt... He chose Frank. From what I heard he sounded solid with Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Of course people are "brought in" . What are they supposed to do....hold a raffle and the winner gets a slot?

You said Axl wasn't into Matt yet on a late night in July 1991 in Mountain View I heard him say Matt was the greatest drummer in the world. He's obviously overstating the case but lets not act like Matt was forced into GNR against Axl's wishes just because a woman joins the band 25 years later.

Alos, i didn't mention her discography til all the "oh shes super talented and done so much" statements

No one said she has a massive discography. She's worked with Bucket and Brain and it's not surprising that was brought up. You can watch five minutes of one of those youtube vids to see she's talented.

Seriously though... everyone always bashed pitmans presence at the live gigs,but now that a girl is doing its all good??

Pitman has always been one of the abrasive members in the band going back many years....ending in the tirade against fans and his digs about the cash grab. This isn't anything new. One other thing....like Fortus, he had a really small yet extremely hardcore fan base(remember 'Eat My Silkworms'?) and that didn't help his cause either.

I actually thought Dizzy would be able to handle everything without the need for Pitman's slot to be filled. Apparently I was wrong.

To speak on the flip side of the coin, if she was ugly, less people would come to her defense.

I don't think she should be penalized for being attractive. I don't know who your favorite actress is but I doubt its some warthog who was an extra in the film Deliverance. 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

James, that was my whole point how people are brought in………… neutral

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

James, that was my whole point how people are brought in………… neutral

You guys are mixing up your points. You even went back to 1985 to make yours....I was expecting an Ole mention at any second. 16

I do agree with you that an Adler appearance no matter what the reason appears to be unlikely in the near future.

Board footer