You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

deadsouth wrote:

Without Melissa Reese... there would be no Guns n Roses....

srsly, this thread has jumped the shark.

People thought Pittman was useless and ashba was only there to attract the hot topic crowd, but this one gets a pass, cause diversity??

Kinda hilarious they print her name before Frank's in most articless too...

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Oh my..

Axl looks like an angry bear on that picture !!!

Why doesn't Google use this one first ? Minus the braids, he looked absolutely beautiful

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/jes … age_1.jpeg

Sometimes I'm like 'Where the fuck did THAT guy go?'

And then I look at old pictures of me. LOL.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

People thought Pittman was useless and ashba was only there to attract the hot topic crowd, but this one gets a pass, cause diversity??

I tend to agree DeadSouth, this is pretty ridiculous....she's what...the third piano player in the band and the computer drums player?

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Gagarin wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Oh my..

Axl looks like an angry bear on that picture !!!

Why doesn't Google use this one first ? Minus the braids, he looked absolutely beautiful

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/jes … age_1.jpeg

Sometimes I'm like 'Where the fuck did THAT guy go?'

And then I look at old pictures of me. LOL.

lol

It's the same for everyone I guess.

Ah stop it, we're all beautiful still..

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

I tend to agree DeadSouth, this is pretty ridiculous....she's what...the third piano player in the band and the computer drums player?

some people like her work. weird, eh? to judge someone on their work. Buckethead fans have heard her on at least 7 albums.

but please continue to tell us we're giving her a pass based on her looks and gender.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

some people like her work. weird, eh? to judge someone on their work. Buckethead fans have heard her on at least 7 albums.

but please continue to tell us we're giving her a pass based on her looks and gender.

Discogs lists her on two albums(both self released on burned cd-r).  but please continue to white knight.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well there's obviously people like Bri who are familiar with her, but then I also think it's wrong to say those who don't like her necessarily misogynistic either - as a lot of people didn't like pitman either. Some people just don't want live guns to have playback and electronica in the songs.

That said I think looks have been a part of the acceptance or lack thereof of most guns players. For example, if DJ looked more like Dizzy would people have disliked him quite as much? Part of the problem seemed to be that he looked kinda motley-lite. Likewise if bucket looked more normal more people would have given him the time of day, and almost everyone preferred 2006 Robin to 2001 Robin.

The timing here is awkward too - the return of Slash and Duff makes people think about old school stuff like Coma back in the set, like Axl introducing Slash his old way, so it's a hard time for a new member to join, then the fact she's female may change the traditional outlook/vibe of the band - which I guess not the frame of mind most fans are currently in given this tour seems to be about the past. (And as far as i'm concerned it is a retro-reunion tour UNTIL WE HAVE A NEW ALBUM). But if the new stuff remains as Coma and cooler versions of the CD tracks - well that's cool but it's all re-done 2006 or 1991 isn't it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

I thought Pitman and DJ took too much flack. But regardless, just because fans gave them shit doesn't mean Melissa deserves the same treatment. Most people seem to be in a more forgiving mood these days for obvious 21 reasons. I think her reception might be a little different if we were to rewind the clock a few years and dj and bumblefoot were still in the fold, but that's just me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think her reception might be a little different if we were to rewind the clock a few years and dj and bumblefoot were still in the fold, but that's just me.

Particularly if Bumble was replaced by Orianthi at the same time.

Would have been interesting ......

AtariLegend wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Discogs lists her on two albums(both self released on burned cd-r).  but please continue to white knight.

How many albums did Slash and Axl release before Guns N' Roses?

Board footer