You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

monkeychow wrote:
RaZor wrote:

And he hasn't said anything negative since, if there were ill will because he was replaced, why would he have apologized? Why isn't he on Twitter now bashing Mellissa?  And why did we see tweets from him twice during the hiatus showing he was in the studio with Axl?

He might not have known he was replaced when he apologised, it could have been an effort not to be replaced. As for not bashing Mellissa - maybe you need to give the resentment time to kick in - let's see what he says after cochella. And has he tweated that he was in the studio since his comments?

Still...i'm just playing devils advocate...you could be right.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think she is a big upgrade over Pitman. She's a hot girl instead of an asshole dude and she has a great voice. I assume she is good on the keyboard stuff too.

Judging by that video she could easily play NR or anything else in the set if Axl doesn't feel like doing it or they want her in a higher profile role doing SOD.

Bringing her in could go in many directions. She could be the spotlight in several songs, eye candy for the crowd, the uniqueness of having a female GNR member, etc. As far as recording goes, it's pretty obvious she was involved in Chinese with Brain. She says so on her site. Maybe she added something unique and they want to keep her involved.

Either way, I think its great. Pitman did not have many fans in the GNR base and this woman can easily get her own following.

misterID wrote:

Again, Pitman did not want to tour anymore. Even the last tour.

You and Pitman need to make up your minds. tongue

First he's a lock and then when he's not a lock, he never wanted to tour.

I would have liked to see Axl's 3 album vision come to pass...

That was never happening. The label wasn't even going to consider it. I wish he would've realized that back in 01-02.

As far as the misogyny stuff...joke or no joke....leave the insults at the door. Evo members don't need to be told to cry on social media.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think she is a big upgrade over Pitman. She's a hot girl instead of an asshole dude and she has a great voice. I assume she is good on the keyboard stuff too.

Judging by that video she could easily play NR or anything else in the set if Axl doesn't feel like doing it or they want her in a higher profile role doing SOD.

Bringing her in could go in many directions. She could be the spotlight in several songs, eye candy for the crowd, the uniqueness of having a female GNR member, etc. As far as recording goes, it's pretty obvious she was involved in Chinese with Brain. She says so on her site. Maybe she added something unique and they want to keep her involved.

Either way, I think its great. Pitman did not have many fans in the GNR base and this woman can easily get her own following.

misterID wrote:

Again, Pitman did not want to tour anymore. Even the last tour.

You and Pitman need to make up your minds. tongue

First he's a lock and then when he's not a lock, he never wanted to tour.

I would have liked to see Axl's 3 album vision come to pass...

That was never happening. The label wasn't even going to consider it. I wish he would've realized that back in 01-02.

As far as the misogyny stuff...joke or no joke....leave the insults at the door. Evo members don't need to be told to cry on social media.

I said last night that he didn't want to tour, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the band anymore.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as recording goes, it's pretty obvious she was involved in Chinese with Brain. She says so on her site. Maybe she added something unique and they want to keep her involved.

Funny, I missed her name in those liner notes....

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said last night that he didn't want to tour, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the band anymore.

You said you'd be shocked if he wasn't in Vegas. Vegas isn't a studio....its warm up gigs for Coachella which Pitman was supposed to be at according to him and his fans.

During the heated Pitman debates the past couple months you said he was in and his haters would have to deal with it.

He's clearly not in and probably hasn't been for months.

I actually agree that he could be involved to a minor extent in this many years long mysterious "shadow" lineup(s) that have existed in several forms for 20 years. Melissa didn't just show up last night out of the blue. She's had some involvement with the remixes in some capacity which dates it to 2009-10 at the earliest. If that idea has been ditched(clearly it has), she is involved publicly for another reason.

More than likely, he just isn't needed anymore. He had almost two decades to add his ingredients and maybe one or several people in the GNR camp ditched him as a cost cutting measure, didn't like him, chemistry wasn't right,etc. so he was thrown under a bus and Melissa brought in to replace him. I don't think his social media rants had anything to do with his departure. If anything, it was a reaction to being let go.

I just think its funny how he's a "lock" according to everyone when in reality there's some hot talented chick in his place and has been the case for months. Her involvement flew under the radar completely and even though the Scooby Doo mystery act gets tiresome, I actually give them kudos for keeping that low profile. It was actually out there for years for all to see but GNR fans had never checked her website until last night.

No one has to "cover their bases" or backpedal just because no one predicted it or no sources ever mentioned it. It was a genuine surprise and if they play their cards right, can get a good buzz out of it.

One other thing...Ax should have been asked about this shadow lineup concept during the chats. Another missed opportunity.

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as recording goes, it's pretty obvious she was involved in Chinese with Brain. She says so on her site. Maybe she added something unique and they want to keep her involved.

Funny, I missed her name in those liner notes....

Its pretty obvious its the remixes or work on songs not yet released. We cant date when she added that to her site but that would be some coincidence for an obscure(to GNR fans) singer/musician lies about being on CD, works with Brain, and then a few years later shows up onstage at their first reunion show.

If she says she worked on Chinese Democracy....she worked on Chinese Democracy.

James

James wrote:

One other thing...thanks for posting that pic of her with Slash and Duff. I'm going to add it to the OP.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If she says she worked on Chinese Democracy....she worked on Chinese Democracy.

Which is it?? She worked on CD... or she worked on remixes... Working on a remix does not make you a part of any group... It means you made a remix... an official remix maybe, but a remix none the less

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

James, I had no info other than he was in the initial rehearsals. He was doing promo for the tour. That said to me he would be involved. I never said he definitely would be involved in Vegas, but I would be shocked if he wasn't, that we would have to see since he was not there last night, and I felt he'd still be involved in the studio. The girl was a complete shock to me. The only time I would tell people to deal with it is listening to all the bashig he takes. And everyone who went on and on that Matt was in off his "shit eating grin" vid on TMZ, or someone said Steven was in and Frank was out. I heard it was the hybrid a long time ago. I said it, got hammered for it. People wanted the  AFD 5 and the fewer CD guys get them closer to that... But now there's a new member, on the synths that people hate, with the hybrid. That's pretty cool. smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha. This convo between James and ID is funny. The new girl on keys is cute. Why she is needed I have no fucking clue. Atleast we are down to two guitar players.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha. This convo between James and ID is funny. The new girl on keys is cute. Why she is needed I have no fucking clue. Atleast we are down to two guitar players.

With Slash, no need for a third guitar player.     

The second keyboardist is for the sound effects and programming, which was used heavily on the CD stuff.   Also, it serves to replicate with one person, what Teddy Zig Zag and the horns section used to do during the UYI tour.

Board footer