You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And!!!!!!!!

Her skills on keys will help unleash some Skynyrd and Allman Bros tunes for GNR to finally cover!  Slash has does. Jessica and Simple Man... Finally time for Tuesday's gone, Curtis Lowe, Free Bird etc.

The GNR fanbase is truly a fucked up community... People already posting how shes "better" at whatever than Pitman(who actually has music pulbished/released).

Well, so we are accurate, Melissa has "published/released" material.

Here's a start.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_Regards_(album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Rega … ead_album)

I already linked that info... Which are burned cd-rs self released...

Damn, her wiki already claims her as a gnr member and signed to Geffen.. that was fast

I wonder if she was on third guitar would people still bash the 3 guitar line up...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

The GNR fanbase is truly a fucked up community... People already posting how shes "better" at whatever than Pitman(who actually has music pulbished/released).

Here's a start.

Damn, her wiki already claims her as a gnr member and signed to Geffen.. that was fast

I wonder if she was on third guitar would people still bash the 3 guitar line up...

While it's not happening ever, I doubt there would be many complaints If one of THE key players on the CD project came back. No one complains about the current members still in who basically did nothing on the album.

Interesting reactions to Melissa joining from the various fan sites.  Misogyny jokes or referring to her as a whore, that doesn't fly so now we gotta aim it at her discography while forgetting that when people such as Fortus joined, a handful of men like Nesquick lined up to lick his boots, run his fan club, and proclaim him GNR'S best guitarist and the band's  secret weapon of the 21st century.

Check his discography when he joined. It's not very impressive. Check Finck's when he joined. Check Frank's who was claimed by some to be the next John Bonham after ONE show.

Yet in 2016....how dare anyone welcome a young, talented woman into the band who actually has ties to two former members.

Other than the fact she's beautiful and happens to be a woman, there is no difference  in her joining from those listed above.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank had no business ever getting the gig, honestly. But he has been with the band for a while now so oh well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not Frank's biggest fan either bur including him doesn't bother me. This is the lineup they obviously believe can get the job done in 2016 & beyond.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not Frank's biggest fan either bur including him doesn't bother me. This is the lineup they obviously believe can get the job done in 2016 & beyond.

It is the vision Axl believes in. If it were up to Slash it would be Sorum with Adler involved. I think he likes Richard. We all know Izzy would not commit to busting ass and touring.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank had no business ever getting the gig, honestly. But he has been with the band for a while now so oh well.

That's fucking bullshit and way beyond annoying. Matt and Gilby got the gigs when Axl didn't want them. Frank,IMO, is one of the best drummers GNR has had. If anything he deserved it over everyone, as he filled in for Brain and won the job.

Brain, Tommy, Matt were brought in because of connections with the band.

Cut the Frank bashing already, dude.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Here's a start.

While it's not happening ever, I doubt there would be many complaints If one of THE key players on the CD project came back. No one complains about the current members still in who basically did nothing on the album.

Interesting reactions to Melissa joining from the various fan sites.  Misogyny jokes or referring to her as a whore, that doesn't fly so now we gotta aim it at her discography while forgetting that when people such as Fortus joined, a handful of men like Nesquick lined up to lick his boots, run his fan club, and proclaim him GNR'S best guitarist and the band's  secret weapon of the 21st century.

Check his discography when he joined. It's not very impressive. Check Finck's when he joined. Check Frank's who was claimed by some to be the next John Bonham after ONE show.

Yet in 2016....how dare anyone welcome a young, talented woman into the band who actually has ties to two former members.

Other than the fact she's beautiful and happens to be a woman, there is no difference  in her joining from those listed above.

"Without Melissa.... there would be no guns n roses"

Seriously though... everyone always bashed pitmans presence at the live gigs,but now that a girl is doing its all good??

Alos, i didn't mention her discography til all the "oh shes super talented and done so much" statements

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In dead south's defense, I can barely hear her in those snippets to say she's an upgrade to Pitman. Plus, Mother Goose was involved in writing some of my favorite songs on CD, her writing ability is still tbd. Her praise here has been surprising. I did really like her harmonizing on Jungle.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

To speak on the flip side of the coin, if she was ugly, less people would come to her defense.  I'm not saying she doesn't have a place, she has as much a place as pitman did - and I say that never having been a fan of that "place" when it was pitman.  She may be a hell of an asset, its just surprising I guess.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Wasn't a bash, and I feel it to be true. Frank's connection was Tommy and Richard. Had he not had that he never gets a sniff. Yes he filled in and "won" the job. He isn't a bad drummer.  But based off his very small recording output how do you come up with the conclusion he is the best drummer GNR ever had?

I agree Gilby got in because he was cool and available and friends with Slash etc. But Matt was the drummer of a huge rock act and they recruited him in. Matt was very accomplished and Axl sang his praises at the time and Axl gave band personnel decisions to Slash for him to handle since Slash had to play with them. That is why he was cool with Matt and Gilby. So back to my original comment, with no relationship with Tommy and Richard, no way in hell does he get asked to do the gig. And there is nothing wrong with that. He made the most of it. Good for him. That doesn't make him the best GNR drummer ever.

I agree with the instant worship of Melissa as well. Not warranted, let her earn her stripes too. Just like you all make Ron earn.

Ron, this guy was OVER QUALIFIED for the gig. A masterful player with a long resume... Was a he a good fit for GNR? At the time, yes. He got in because of his chops. (Like Matt)....

Right now Fortus is overqualified to simply play rhythm... That is why we all expect him to contribute more than just being a touring rhythm guy, but even if he doesn't he is very cool, looks the part, and will do great just being a Gilby type.

Board footer