You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: what VR songs would you like added to the set list?

Smoking Guns wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Walking Papers - Capital T deserves the GNR treatment too.

[/embed]

Never heard that song. Fucking good!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Actually 30 years to life would be the perfect song for Axl to sing on.
Slash's last album was full of GNR songs. The whole  thing felt and sounded like a lost GNR demo.

I would burn an orphanage to the ground to hear Axl sing this song:

[/embed]
Great call. Axl could nail that and the music is very GNR.

Lomax wrote:

You'd love that walking papers album Smoking Guns.
There were some great songs on it. really good rocking stuff and then the slower stuff was all menacing, evil sounding Alice Cooper Band type stuff.
I saw them live 2 years back in a tiny little 50 person venue and met Duff briefly in the hallway when I was going for a piss. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

This is another great one from them GNR could do something amazing with:

I think over the past few years Slash and Duff have been writing a lot of GNR songs for different bands.

On topic, I don't mean to belittle VR. I loved them at the time but looking back it was because I felt like there were 2 Guns N Roses in the world. Axl Guns and Slash/Duff Guns. I rarely go back and listen to them now but I haven't gone more than 3 months in the past 8 years without listening to TWAT or Better.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I really hope Duff does some more Walking Papers stuff. Your Secret's Safe With Me was an awesome track too.

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:

I would love to hear Axl's take on Fall to Pieces.  And also Anastasia..my favorite Slash song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah if i can only choose one from my list it's going to be Anastasia....raspy axl on that would break the internet.....

Board footer