You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

James wrote:

I love the massive crowd pop these UYI songs are getting. I said eons ago he was saving them for a reunion. It worked. When you've got an audience that size going ape shit for Coma and DTJ....it allows the possibility of killer set lists.

The stale AFD set lists are over. It took a reunion to end AFD rehash. How ironic.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

When Slash played his solo gig here last year the crowd went nuts for DTJ too. I'm at work just waiting to get home to check out the vids of last night. Fucking coma? Jessssus on a popsicle stick I can't wait til July.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
zombux wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I missed the TIL intro earlier. Watching it now. Slash is bored as hell. He literally has nothing to do until that solo. This song needs to be reworked during the next rehearsals.

I'd just not play it at all. the solo is quite a trademark of Robin. let's do it onetime in the future, and invite Robin to play it. DJ did a very good carbon-copy of Robin's solo and it worked great, but this... for me the only really bad moment of the show. the solo was just raped.

Raped might be a bit drastic but....I can live without it. I wasn't expecting it at all.

IMO everyone who loves the song is just used to that exact solo. Any deviation from it would throw you for a loop. Notice how those who never liked the song think its pretty good while those who loved it already don't like it that much.

Now you know how I felt about Riad. LOved the demo and was shocked when hearing Ron's solo pasted in over it. Dear lord.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I missed the TIL intro earlier. Watching it now. Slash is bored as hell. He literally has nothing to do until that solo. This song needs to be reworked during the next rehearsals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CivN3FBSM6E

[/embed]

Robin solo is better. Seemed perfect for Slash but didn't work that well with him playing his version.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Might be a case of still trying to play what someone else put down compared to a complete clean skin track. I would love to have heard what he would come up with for a solo for that today assuming it was a brand new track. The song just screams for his tone and vibe.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Holy santa claus shit that TIL solo is miles better than Robin's. The beginning was a little shaky, but Slash fuckin ripped that shit right open, fucked it, and claimed it as his own.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Back at the hotel after the gig, and wow... Coma, Estranged and November Rain in the one set? I have no complaints whatsoever.

Oh, and Slash owned the CD tracks. It might upset Robin fans to hear that, but guitar wise they are improved immensely with Slash doing his thing on them!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Richard did the Bucket parts with ease too. Great line up

Still not sold on Frank, he was fuckin up fills and playing off kilter beats in songs you don't fuck with. But otherwise he was ok I guess...

The Fortus/Slash jam was great, as was the Layla jam around Axl's piano

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Still jealous you're there Metallex, enjoy!!!!!

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Has anyone posted the full setlist? Did they play Don't Cry and Patience?

Board footer